[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] SIMTEL's jpl-c.arc: where are the *.h files?

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (UWO Astronomy)) (04/11/90)

I recently ftp'd the file jpl-c.arc from the SIMTEL archives.  This is a
collection of portable c library functions and appeared to be just what I
need.  I immediately ran into a problem however:  the documentation
refers to a number of header files, but these are not included in the
archive.  Could somebody direct me to where the missing header files are
archived, or to a more complete jpl-c archive?

Many thanks.
--
Terry Gaetz         --   gaetz@uwovax.uwo.ca   --   gaetz@uwovax.bitnet

feg@clyde.ATT.COM (Forrest Gehrke,2C-119,7239,ATTBL) (04/11/90)

In article <5673.26227eac@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (UWO Astronomy)) writes:
> I recently ftp'd the file jpl-c.arc from the SIMTEL archives.  This is a
> collection of portable c library functions and appeared to be just what I
> need.  I immediately ran into a problem however:  the documentation
> refers to a number of header files, but these are not included in the
> archive.  Could somebody direct me to where the missing header files are
> archived, or to a more complete jpl-c archive?

I ran into the same problem.  I tracked down the author at JPL and he
told me that library got on to a BBS by mistake and that JPL had made
no decision to release the library.  Therefore, no dice on getting
the header files.

However, the file on simtel20 does have a section which describes
the header files in considerable detail.  A comparison of any
compiler's header files and that description should allow a
reverse engineering of those header files.  The knottiest
problem will be the macros, but even these, with a little time
probably could be deciphered as there are some hints in the
source files to be gained.

Forrest Gehrke feg@clyde.ATT.COM