[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ms_sh v1.5, -0 doesn't execute profile.sh

In article <5619.261c7a8a@uwovax.uwo.ca> 16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) writes:
| In article <744@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
| >   I have noted that using the -0 option doesn't cause $HOME/profile.sh
| > to be executed, and have communicated to the author about it, hopefully
| > it will be fixed in the next release.
|
| I had noticed what had seemed to be the same bug.  I created my own profile.sh
| in $HOME, using a standard text editor, saved the file, and lo-and-behold, the
| -0 option works just fine.

  Odd. The author mentioned to me that there was a bug, and that ms_sh
looks in the current directory when started, rather than $HOME. Of
course if you start it from $HOME then it appears to work. Supposed to
be fixed in 1.7.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) (04/13/90)

In article <759@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> In article <5619.261c7a8a@uwovax.uwo.ca> 16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) writes:
> | In article <744@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> | >   I have noted that using the -0 option doesn't cause $HOME/profile.sh
> | > to be executed, and have communicated to the author about it, hopefully
> | > it will be fixed in the next release.
> |
> | I had noticed what had seemed to be the same bug.  I created my own profile.sh
> | in $HOME, using a standard text editor, saved the file, and lo-and-behold, the
> | -0 option works just fine.
>
>   Odd. The author mentioned to me that there was a bug, and that ms_sh
> looks in the current directory when started, rather than $HOME. Of
> course if you start it from $HOME then it appears to work. Supposed to
> be fixed in 1.7.

When I run sh, I run it under DESQview, and I just checked, and sure enough I
change into the directory I installed sh in.  But, it is still true that the
profile.sh which came with the package doesn't execute (lone CRs or lone LFs; I
can't remember which).

Bitnet: gomme@uwovax.bitnet   gomme@uwovax.uwo.ca   Internet: gomme@uwo.ca