[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a VERY simple editor ...

richard@iesd.auc.dk (Richard Flamsholt S0rensen) (04/13/90)

  Thanks to everyone who suggested different editors. It seems like
Qedit (and TED), which is available at SIMTEL in pd1:<msdos.editor>,
is most likely to fulfill my needs.

  And yes, I *do* know about EDLIN and I use it frequently (as a last
resort :-), but it doesn't allow you to *edit* a line - you'll have to
enter the whole ing line over and over again `till you get it right ...

     C U

  /Richard Flamsholt
   richard@iesd.auc.dk

cousens@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Cousens) (04/13/90)

In article <RICHARD.90Apr12180808@banach.iesd.auc.dk> richard@iesd.auc.dk (Richard Flamsholt S0rensen) writes:

>   And yes, I *do* know about EDLIN and I use it frequently (as a last
> resort :-), but it doesn't allow you to *edit* a line - you'll have to
> enter the whole ing line over and over again `till you get it right ...

If I remember correctly, F1, F2, F3 keys work the same in EDLIN as
they do on the DOS command line.  F1, reenter next char, F2 <key> will
reenter uptil the first occurence of <key>, F3 will reenter the entire
line.  <INSERT> toggles between insert and (invisible) overwrite mode.
(I do not use EDLIN, but rather UED, so cant remember 100%)
--

Scott Cousens,  N3FXP     Internet: cousens@elbereth.rutgers.edu
                         "I dont seem to be getting anywhere . . ."