[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] VGA

glenn@ocsmd.ocs.com (Glenn Ford) (04/13/90)

I am looking for some new, and interesting vga software.  Does anyone
know of anything good (not drawing programs) out there?  Ala games,
or some type of graphics program?  Thanks..

Glenn Ford
BBS:  301-972-6131
HOME: 301-972-2310
UUCP: ..uunet!ocsmd!glenn

scott@kong.gatech.edu (Scott Coulter) (04/14/90)

In article <880@ocsmd.ocs.com> glenn@ocsmd.ocs.com (Glenn Ford) writes:
>I am looking for some new, and interesting vga software.  Does anyone
>know of anything good (not drawing programs) out there?  Ala games,
>or some type of graphics program?  Thanks..
>
>Glenn Ford
>BBS:  301-972-6131
>HOME: 301-972-2310
>UUCP: ..uunet!ocsmd!glenn

In the games department, check out BANANOID.  It's a "breakout" variant
with a "playing field" bigger than the vga screen, i.e. when you move the
"paddle" to one side of the screen, the screen scrolls sideways to show you
the rest of the playing area.  On a fast machine, this sideways scroll is
quite impressive (it's great on the PS/2 70 at work; the scroll is somewhat
slow on my '286 at home, but still playable).  It uses nice, bright colors,
and makes a good VGA demo.

Scotters
Scott D. Coulter        Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
uucp: {most anywhere}!gatech!kong!scott         Internet: scott@kong.gatech.edu
"Sometimes I just sit back & close my eyes; I enjoy the view"--Michael W. Smith