[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] 4dos quirks

daj@beach.cis.ufl.edu (David A. Johns) (05/07/90)

In article <HUOPIO.90May7093634@kannel.lut.fi> huopio@kannel.lut.fi (Kauto Huopio) writes:

>Has anybody got totally mysterious "Unknown parameter /z" -messages

>--Kauto
>--

One thing to check ... I got "unknown command" and "unknown parameter"
messages when I was trying out 4dos 2.1 or 2.2, and I finally figured
out that the problem was always occurring at the end of batch files.
It seems that 4dos wanted a blank line after the last line of a batch
file.  Could this be happening to you?

huopio@kannel.lut.fi (Kauto Huopio) (05/07/90)

Has anybody got totally mysterious "Unknown parameter /z" -messages
when trying to execute a program which is an another drive, but the
directory is in PATH-statement. I have had terrible problems with
Nethack 2.3 (I think) and Norton Integrator. These messages seem to
come from the command processor..

--Kauto
--
****************** Kauto Huopio (huopio@kannel.lut.fi) **********************
*US Mail: Kauto Huopio, Punkkerikatu 1 A 10, SF-53850 Lappeenranta, Finland *

huopio@kannel.lut.fi (Kauto Huopio) (05/08/90)

> One thing to check ... I got "unknown command" and "unknown parameter"
> messages when I was trying out 4dos 2.1 or 2.2, and I finally figured
> out that the problem was always occurring at the end of batch files.
> It seems that 4dos wanted a blank line after the last line of a batch
> file.  Could this be happening to you?

No, I tried to use Nethack straight from the DOS (or should I say
4DOS) prompt. The most mysterious note is that the "unknown parameter"
message seems to come more often when my current drive is C: , when
using D: there seems to be less errors..
I have checked the whole system with SCANV61 and found no any virus
infections. How you have set up Nethack? Has 4DOS caused you any
troubles with nhack ?

--Kauto