[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Binary for umoria3

marco@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Marco Dalla-Gasperina) (05/25/90)

Previously I wrote-

>Hello,
>
>Recently the newest version of Moria was posted on comp.sources.games.  Has
>anyone successfully compiled it?  I seem to be missing main.c (or the module
>which contains main).  It is also required that I have pccurses which I
>do not.  I did find a pd version, but there is an undefined symbol when
>I try to link it.
>
>When it is successfully compiled and linked, could someone posted
>it?
>
>thanks,
>Marco Dalla Gasperina

I managed to find main.c (in part 26) and found the errant symbol in my
pd version of curses.  However, the default stack size of 2k by the
linker is too small.  I set it to 16k and have not had a stack overflow
yet.  Last night I did get an "integer divide by 0" error after descending
down to level 3 (ie. immediately after the ">" command).

Is there a recommended stack size?

marco

6600m00n@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Jihad 'R US) (05/30/90)

   I managed to find main.c (in part 26) and found the errant symbol in my
   pd version of curses.  However, the default stack size of 2k by the
   linker is too small.  I set it to 16k and have not had a stack overflow
   yet.  Last night I did get an "integer divide by 0" error after descending
   down to level 3 (ie. immediately after the ">" command).

   Is there a recommended stack size?

   marco

In the function that creates the new dungeon, there are some pretty
large arrays declared on the stack.  What I did to compile it was to
change the arrays in the function cave_gen and build_tunnel(??) to be
pointers allocated in the function.
(Btw, I am using Tc 2.0, huge mode)
I recall that the author has put the binaries and source on a machine in
berkely for public ftp access.  I can't recall the name, but if any of
the observent people out there remember it, tell it.

Rob Blair

/* this sig is currently out of order.  please write another letter, and
try again. */

n245bq@tamunix (Keith Perkins) (05/30/90)

In article <5533@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600m00n@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu writes:

>I recall that the author has put the binaries and source on a machine in
>berkely for public ftp access.  I can't recall the name, but if any of
>the observent people out there remember it, tell it.

James E. Wilson has a machine at Berkeley that has all the various Moria
and Umoria sources. The Umoria sources are the newest version of Moria to
date, but they are still in the Beta test stage. Any bug reports should be
sent to rec.games.moria. The machine is kukulcan.Berkeley.EDU, internet
number 128.32.131.190. The Moria and Umoria stuff is in the pub/wilson
directory. The latest binaries out are 5.1.5 version for the IBM and the
5.2.0 version for the mac. The source is at version 5.2.0 and changes about
once or twice a month. Any comments or suggestions about the game are
appreciated (send to rec.games.moira).

p.s. Somebody out there rewrote the io.c file to run under TC 2.0. There
is also a file in the ibmpc directory that has some info concerning some
changes that might be needed under TC 2.0 (the file is old at this point).

Keith Perkins

marco@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Marco Dalla-Gasperina) (06/05/90)

I've been running into many divide by 0 errors upon descending
into the dungeon...  Is there an official place to log this sort of
thing?

marco