[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Telemate Problems

tb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Tim Beatty) (06/05/90)

I like Telemate, but was wondering if anybody else is having problems with
vt102 emulation with vi.  It doesn't update the screen correctly, requiring
^L to redisplay.  Also reverse video messes up backgound colors other than
black.  Has anyone else had these troubles?  Any fixes?

Thanks,

Tim

wjin@cs.purdue.EDU (Woochang Jin) (06/05/90)

In article <23433@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> tb@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:

>I like Telemate, but was wondering if anybody else is having problems with
>vt102 emulation with vi.  It doesn't update the screen correctly, requiring
>^L to redisplay.  Also reverse video messes up backgound colors other than
>black.  Has anyone else had these troubles?  Any fixes?

Again as in Telix, turn off the destructive backspace - select the Options
in Terminal Window, select the Terminal options, turn off the destructive
backspace.

------
W. Jin