[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ZModem for UNIX

rlove@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Rebecca M. Love) (06/10/90)

      Forgive me if this is a repost, I am not sure the other post was able to
get through.  I am looking for ZModem for the UNIX machine.  I have DSZ for my
PC, but I would like to be able to do ZModem transfers from my account here to
my PC at home, which I do quite frequently.  Please email me any info you have
on where I could find this (I know it does exist, I just don't know where).

thanx,

Becky

rlove@gmuvax2.gmu.edu   Directly on Internet
RLOVE@gmuvax.gmu.edu    Directly on Bitnet

dacseg@uts.amdahl.com (Scott E. Garfinkle) (06/10/90)

From article <1592@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, by rlove@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Rebecca M. Love):
> ...I am looking for ZModem for the UNIX machine.  I have DSZ for my
> PC, but I would like to be able to do ZModem transfers from my account here to
> my PC at home, which I do quite frequently....

If you are using zmodem on your PC frequently, you probably should have
registered your copy.  If you had done this, you would have gotten back the
latest Unix zmodem on the diskette.

You may cheerfully ignore this message if you hate the concept of
paying for shareware.

		Scott E. Garfinkle

  There are fairly recent versions of rz/sz on simtel20. I think there's
one on the archive server here. It's around.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

glenn@stsim.ocs.com (glenn ford) (06/14/90)

In article <1592@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> rlove@gmuvax2.UUCP (Rebecca M. Love) writes:

>      Forgive me if this is a repost, I am not sure the other post was able to
>get through.  I am looking for ZModem for the UNIX machine.  I have DSZ for my

Yeah, SIMTEL, if you dont have access to that you can get it from my bbs,
i do not have a uucp set up though..

Glenn

BBS:  301-972-6131
HOME: 301-972-2310
UUCP: ..uunet!ocsmd!stsim!glenn

caf@omen.UUCP (WA7KGX) (06/16/90)

In article <1592@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> rlove@gmuvax2.UUCP (Rebecca M. Love) writes:

>      Forgive me if this is a repost, I am not sure the other post was able to
>get through.  I am looking for ZModem for the UNIX machine.  I have DSZ for my

Your DSZ registration diskette includes the Unix sources for rz and sz.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF

roelofs@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Ender Wiggin) (06/16/90)

Chuck Forsberg (caf@omen.UUCP) (WA7KGX) writes:

>Your DSZ registration diskette includes the Unix sources for rz and sz.

As a matter of curiosity, does Zmodem exist for VMS (source or otherwise)?
Not that I blame Chuck for lacking any interest in writing for such a brain-
damaged OS...still, some of us must make the best of it.

0.5 :)   (flames > /dev/null, thank you)