[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] *** GNUCHESS BINARY POSTED ***

martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) (06/28/90)

wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) writes...

> The binary of the latest version of Gnuchess for the IBM PC has been posted
> in two parts in the newsgroup gnu.chess. More info there!

I don't get gnu.*. Could someone who does let me have this please?
Cheers.

>     Warren Toomey VK2XWT, recovering.
>  Deep in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
>  `On a clear disk you can seek for miles'
> ----------

Martin CROOME                        !'s      - hplabs!hpgnd!hppcmart!martin
Hewlett Packard                      @'s      - martin@hppcmart.grenoble.hp.com
Grenoble Personal Computer Division  HPDesk   - Martin CROOME / HP6300/K1
Technical Mktg - Online Support

allanb@us.cc.umich.edu (Allan M. Bjorklund) (06/29/90)

In article <60001@hppcmart.HP.COM> martin@hppcmart.HP.COM (Martin Croome) writes:
>wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) writes...
>>
>> The binary of the latest version of Gnuchess for the IBM PC has been posted
>> in two parts in the newsgroup gnu.chess. More info there!
>>
>I don't get gnu.*. Could someone who does let me have this please?
>Cheers.

I immediately suscribed to gnu.chess to get this, and all I found was
an empty newsgroup.  I would like to put the PC version of Gnu Chess on
terminator, but I haven't been able to locate it.  Any pointers to where
I can find a copy would be appreciated.
(Has anyone gotten the source to compile?  I tried for several hours
but all I had gotten were screenfulls of errors.)

Oh, and while I have your attention, the numeric address for terminator
will be changing sometime in August.  So if your used to using 35.1.33.8
to connect to us, you should start using our domain name from now on.  The
network people here have promised me that will always work.

allanb@ronin.us.cc.umich.edu                 Allan Bjorklund
allan@terminator.cc.umich.edu <main mbox<    Maintainer of The University of
userw6bp@um.cc.umich.edu                     Michigan's MSDos archives.
Ann Arbor Michigan, USA                      terminator.cc.umich.edu

"You shouldn't be afraid of the computer. You are smarter than it is. So is
    your parakeet, for that matter."  -- The Timex Sinclair 1000 manual.

riehm@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Riehm) (06/29/90)

>wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) writes...
But when I looked into gnu.chess here, it was not there and presumably had
already "expired".  Could it be reposted please?   Carl Riehm.