[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] how to display graphic files?

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (06/29/90)

In article <3359.26825c29@ccvax.ucd.ie> ctwomey@ccvax.ucd.ie (Colum Twomey) writes:

> I'm looking for a program that will display graphic files simply.
> Something, for example that will allow me to enter something like:
>
>    display picture.img /tiff /vga
>
> and will display the contents of the picture.img file which is
> in tiff format, on a vga screen.
>
> There must be such a simple product somewhere - anyone know of
> any?  Where can I get it?

You can do this with Vuimage Plus.  Type something like

	vuimgp -Ttiff -m9 -C image.tif

The shareware version of this program is available from SIMTEL.  The latest
version is 2.42.  The plus version costs $25.  It allows you to Zoom and pan
on any size image.  The phone and address of the company is: 708-357-6679,
Offe Enterprises, 1163 E. Ogden Ave., #705-131, Naperville, IL USA.  Some other
programs like TIFF to GIF converter (bilevel or grayscale), Screen capture to
Postscript etc. are also available.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com