[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] wanted: genealogy program

ekkel@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (E. Ekkel) (08/26/88)

I desperate need a good program to record my "roots". Is it possible that
someone e-mail's me his nice working application ???

p.s. i believe that some months ago there is been posted a basic program in
     "comp.binaries.ibm.pc", but a missed that piece

Many thanks in advance.
--
    __
   /                   Erik Ekkel, Philips PTDSN

jkearney@cbnewsm.att.com (joseph.w.kearney) (06/28/90)

The subject line says it all. I recently went to a large family reunion,
back to my great grandfather's node. We've got all the people written
down on two poster boards and I'd like to transcribe it into something
either printable or plotable. Since this group is ibm focused I'll request
something for an AT clone, but I'm not pickey it could also run under U*IX.
Maybe some one knows of some commercial software I could pick up.
Any leads, ideas, or code is greatly appreciated.

						Joe Kearney
						attbl!mhuhk!jwk
						201.582.4683

bower@hfsi.UUCP (Michael Bower Comm. ) (06/29/90)

In article <1990Jun28.135033.5950@cbnewsm.att.com> jkearney@cbnewsm.att.com (joseph.w.kearney) writes:
>The subject line says it all. I recently went to a large family reunion,
>back to my great grandfather's node. We've got all the people written
>down on two poster boards and I'd like to transcribe it into something
>either printable or plotable. Since this group is ibm focused I'll request
>something for an AT clone, but I'm not pickey it could also run under U*IX.
>Maybe some one knows of some commercial software I could pick up.
>Any leads, ideas, or code is greatly appreciated.
>
>						Joe Kearney
>						attbl!mhuhk!jwk
>						201.582.4683

I tried to mail this but........

Joe, you asked on the net about genealogy programs.  I have a recommendation
that you should consider.  It is a program called Personal Ancestral File
from the Mormon Church.  It is probably one of the best buys in software
available considering the power of the program and the cost.  The price is
$35 including postage.  I can send you a brochure on this if you will send me
your address.  You can order with an order form that I can send you
or you can charge it (but they charge $2.00 more for the 1-800 phone
order).

Disclaimer:I don't work for the church but I think very
highly of the program.  I keep a ancestral chart on my wall at work
and keep brochures for the program in my desk.
Michael Bower - N4NMR              Honeywell Federal Systems Inc.
e-mail: uunet!hfsi!bower                     7900 Westpark Drive.
phone:(h) 703-435-5081  (o) 703-827-3559         McLean, VA 22102