[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] UNIX like utilites for MSDOS

minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar,(???)) (06/29/90)

Where is there a collection of UNIX like utilities for MSDOS? Thinks like
rm, mv, ls, etc.. I have seen a list posted before of various sites to find
these things (alas, I lost the list), and I looked around Simtel but couldn't
find anything..

Thank you.

dmm0t@hudson.acc.Virginia.EDU (David M. Meyer) (06/30/90)

In article <15131@reed.UUCP> minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar) writes:

>Where is there a collection of UNIX like utilities for MSDOS? Thinks like
>rm, mv, ls, etc.. I have seen a list posted before of various sites to find
>these things (alas, I lost the list), and I looked around Simtel but couldn't
>find anything..

There are three archives, PICNIX1, PICNIX2, and PICNIX3, which have
a bunch of pretty good UNIX-like utilities.  I think they're on
Simtel20 under SYSUTL (but I'm not sure - if someone knows for
certain, please post it).

--
David M. Meyer                                       dmm0t@virginia.edu
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

In article <15131@reed.UUCP> minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar) writes:

| Where is there a collection of UNIX like utilities for MSDOS? Thinks like

  I believe there will be a set included with the ms shell v1.6 (rev
something) which I will post as soon as I get the new version.

  No more postings for a few days, I'm putting another new disk in in a
few minutes! After that starts volume 7, perhps Sunday.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar,(???)) (06/30/90)

In article <15131@reed.UUCP> minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar) writes:

>Where is there a collection of UNIX like utilities for MSDOS? Thinks like
>rm, mv, ls, etc.. I have seen a list posted before of various sites to find
>these things (alas, I lost the list), and I looked around Simtel but couldn't
>find anything..
>
>Thank you.

Many people have been kind enough to tell me of the existence of:

pd:<msdos.sysutl>picnix31.arc
pd:<msdos.sysutl>picnix32.arc
pd:<msdos.sysutl>picnix33.arc

on simtel.
Thank you.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (06/30/90)

In article <15131@reed.UUCP> minar@reed.bitnet (Nelson Minar) writes:
>Where is there a collection of UNIX like utilities for MSDOS? Thinks like
>rm, mv, ls, etc.. I have seen a list posted before of various sites to find
>these things (alas, I lost the list), and I looked around Simtel but couldn't
>find anything..

There are the pixnix utilities at chyde.uwasa.fi directory /pc/pd2.
The first one is picnix3a.zip, and then so on.  There are also some
other Unix-like MsDos utilities there.  Look at the directory
listing /pc/pd2/0dir-pd2.  Also you obviously have not looked at
Simtel20 file lists carefully enough.  There are unix-like utilities
there.  Download the simibm.arc file list, and look at it at your
own pace in your own machine.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)