[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Fastest Modem Transf.

jack.lupic@canremote.uucp (JACK LUPIC) (06/29/90)

P Message entered 1990 06 27  21:05 P

michaelk@copper.WR.TEK.COM (Michael D. Kersenbrock) writes:

>        Personally, I get the best results from Zdem. Typically 210
>cps
>        from Telemate, 224 from DSZ and 227-230 from DSZ with
>byTurbo
>        enabled. (all these are at 2400 bps)

The best I have been able to get from the ATI ETC2400 MNP Modem
is an average of 285CPS.The average is 270CPS.
---

MARX@vms.huji.ac.il (07/02/90)

>From: jack.lupic@canremote.uucp (JACK LUPIC)

>michaelk@copper.WR.TEK.COM (Michael D. Kersenbrock) writes:

>>        Personally, I get the best results from Zdem. Typically 210
>>cps
>>        from Telemate, 224 from DSZ and 227-230 from DSZ with
>>byTurbo
>>        enabled. (all these are at 2400 bps)

>The best I have been able to get from the ATI ETC2400 MNP Modem
>is an average of 285CPS.The average is 270CPS.

After setting my Telix to work (alt-p, [e]) with the same modem
it worked under a text file with a 450-460 cps and with a
zip it worked at about 330-350, simply set the comm package
to 9600...
 Michael M. Marx                        P.o.box 4004, Jerusalem 91040
 The HUJI                                          ISRAEL
 Bitnet: Marx@HUJIVMS
 Internet: Marx@Vms.Huji.ac.IL          "Everyone is entitled to my own
 IsraDec: HUJICC::MARX                          opinion" -Anon.
---