[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Mahjongg

jackson@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Keith Jackson) (05/25/90)

Can anyone tell me if there's a _REAL_ Mahjongg game out there.  I'm not
talking about the solitile game where you match tiles, but the real McCoy,
i.e. 4 boards with a wall all the way around and such.  More similar to
Gin-Rummy.
--
  -*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-
Keith Jackson {convex, texsun}!smu!jackson == jackson@smu.edu

pfratar@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Paul Frattaroli - DCS) (05/25/90)

In article <1534@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> jackson@dfsun1.UUCP (Keith Jackson) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there's a _REAL_ Mahjongg game out there.  I'm not
>talking about the solitile game where you match tiles, but the real McCoy,
>i.e. 4 boards with a wall all the way around and such.  More similar to
>Gin-Rummy.
>--
>  -*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-
>Keith Jackson {convex, texsun}!smu!jackson == jackson@smu.edu
>                          UN*X - live free or die
>Disclaimer: These are my views, not my company's.

Hi,
	I think I've seen what you're talking about.  It is actually
a card game.  I believe it is available from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu
by anonymous ftp. (not sure what directory though)  It is for EGA
graphics.  The file is called mahjong.{arc,zip,zoo}, not to be
confused with mahjongg.{arc,zip,zoo} (can't remember which format).

If you can't find it send me mail and I'll send it to you, if I still
have it.

....Paul F

--
           Paul Frattaroli - Department of Computing Services                          University of Waterloo  Waterloo, Ontario Canada  N2L-3G1                 < pfratar@watshine.UWaterloo.ca >        < pfratar@watserv1.UWaterloo.ca >
          [129.97.128.171]                         [129.97.129.140]             --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pa1@tdatirv.UUCP (Pat Alvarado) (05/25/90)

In article <1534@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu> jackson@dfsun1.UUCP (Keith Jackson) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there's a _REAL_ Mahjongg game out there.  I'm not
>talking about the solitile game where you match tiles, but the real McCoy,
>i.e. 4 boards with a wall all the way around and such.  More similar to
>Gin-Rummy.
>--

I would be interested in the same.

    YYY         Pat Alvarado
    YYY         Teradata Corporation
    YYY         Product Development
     v          12945 Jefferson Blvd. #2187
   Y   Y        Los Angeles, Calif. 90066
  YYY YYY       Phone:  (213) 302-6104
 YYY   YYY      FAX:    (213) 305-9746
YYY     YYY     E-Mail: tdat!pa1@suntzu.sun.com

disclaimer:     My comments do not reflect the philosophy or beliefs of
                Teradata Corp.

zmacy26@doc.ic.ac.uk (Jason C Edmeades) (05/26/90)

When I run the mahjongg game, i dont seem to get a mouse pointer, though
if i move the mouse around and press the button(s), squares do get highlighted.

Any explanation? (Ive tried it with two mouse drivers...?)

Jason

--
#=================#============================================================#
|     ZMACY26	  |		This Is A Blank Space			       |

hl@dukee.egr.duke.edu (Howard Lazoff) (06/30/90)

About a month ago, someone posted a mahjongg program, but there were problems
using a 2-button mouse. Has anyone out there been able to fix the problem?
I'd like to try and play, but all I have is a 2-button mouse.

Thanks in advance.

Howard Lazoff	  |  Against the run of the mill   |
Dept. of EE	  |  Static as it seems            |  hl@dukee.egr.duke.edu
Duke University	  |  We break the surface tension  |  Internet: 128.109.156.1
Durham, NC 27706  |  With our wild kinetic dreams  |

jackson@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Keith Jackson) (06/30/90)

About a month ago I received a letter from someone saying they had a
Mahjongg game played with more "conventional" rules (multiple players w/
hidden hands...more like Gin Rummy or Poker).  I mailed this person that I
would appreciate a copy but it apparently never got there.  I'd appreciate
it if that person or anyone else who knows of such a game would contact
me.
--
  -*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-*^*-
Keith Jackson {convex, texsun}!smu!jackson == jackson@csvax.seas.smu.edu

pfratar@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Paul Frattaroli - DCS) (07/03/90)

In article <974@cameron.egr.duke.edu> hl@dukee.egr.duke.edu (Howard Lazoff) writes:
>About a month ago, someone posted a mahjongg program, but there were problems
>using a 2-button mouse. Has anyone out there been able to fix the problem?
>I'd like to try and play, but all I have is a 2-button mouse.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Howard Lazoff	  |  Against the run of the mill   |
>Dept. of EE	  |  Static as it seems            |  hl@dukee.egr.duke.edu
>Duke University	  |  We break the surface tension  |  Internet: 128.109.156.1
>Durham, NC 27706  |  With our wild kinetic dreams  |

Hi,
	I have had two people request source for the Mahjongg game in
order to fix the game to work with two button mice.  If you would like
you could E-mail to the address below and I could send you the source
also.

....Paul F