[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] MS-Kermit ^

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) (07/07/90)

I am using MS-Kermit 3.00.
I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?

Thanks
-- Budi
--
Budi Rahardjo <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca> <rahard@ee.umanitoba.ca>
Electrical Engineering - University of Manitoba - Canada

michael@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Michael Elkins) (07/08/90)

In article <1990Jul7.142451.22751@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:
>I am using MS-Kermit 3.00.
>I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
>kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?

I always just hit it twice and it works fine.  The first one gets to Kermit
and the second one goes to telnet.  No problem...

Hope this helps.

					--me

--
  //\\  //\\                                    michael@jarthur.claremont.edu
 //  \\//  \\ichael R.G. Elkins                 uunet!jarthur!michael

bk@kullmar.se (Bo Kullmar) (07/08/90)

In <1990Jul7.142451.22751@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:

>I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
>kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?

You can set the escape charater in MS-Kermit with the command "set escape".
--
Bo Kullmar, Helsingoersg. 38, S-164 42  KISTA, Sweden, Phone +46 8 7511518
UUCP:		{uunet,mcvax,munnari,cernvax,diku,inria,prlb2,tut,ukc,unido}

strobl@gmdzi.UUCP (Wolfgang Strobl) (07/08/90)

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:

>I am using MS-Kermit 3.00.
>I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
>kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?

There is a command available at the command level of kermit. Try

  MS-Kermit>set escape ?
  Press literal control keys (ex: Control ]) or enter in \nnn numerical form

I use "set escape ^B", (that's CTRL+B, not hat B), because the German
keyboard has no ] on it. Just put something similar into your MSKERMIT.INI.

Wolfgang Strobl

jcao@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Jingbin Cao) (07/10/90)

In article <1317@kullmar.se> bk@kullmar.se (Bo Kullmar) writes:
>In <1990Jul7.142451.22751@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:
>
>>I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
>>kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?
>
>You can set the escape charater in MS-Kermit with the command "set escape".
>--
>Bo Kullmar, Helsingoersg. 38, S-164 42  KISTA, Sweden, Phone +46 8 7511518
>UUCP:		{uunet,mcvax,munnari,cernvax,diku,inria,prlb2,tut,ukc,unido}
>		!sunic!kullmar!bk
>Internet:	bk@kullmar.se

Another way to do it is to hit ctrl-] twice.

jtn3@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Warlord) (07/10/90)

In article <1990Jul7.142451.22751@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:
> I am using MS-Kermit 3.00.
> I need ctrl-] to go to telnet command mode on my session, but
> kermit is using it ..... any hints what I should do ? map the key ?
>
> Budi Rahardjo <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca> <rahard@ee.umanitoba.ca>

Use the "set esc" command  (see manual)
I use "set esc ^^" since I've never seen it used elsewhere. (Please, no
flames,endless mail,endless lists, etc from people who have seen it used
for something else; this is just my experience.)

--
James T. Nelson
DOMAIN: <jtn3@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>