[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need EGA, VGA graphics PrtSc program

gharring@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM (Gary Harrington) (07/06/90)

I picked up a PrtSc program off the Net a while back, called PSPLUS, which
claimed to do Print Screen with VGA.  Well, I finally got around to trying
it, and, guess what?  It does not do graphics print screens as the text
implied.  It does 80 column text print screen.

I need an EGA graphics PrtSc program, preferably one that also does VGA,
since that is what I have.  I have been watching for one, but kinda stopped
looking after pulling off the PSPLUS mentioned above.  Does anyone have one
they could Email to me?  If so, you may want to Email me before sending it
so I don't get multiple copies.  Thanks in advance!

Isn't it so nice that even up to DOS 3.3, the GRAPHICS.COM program still
handles only CGA, even though you rarely see anything less than EGA
these days?
Gary.Harrington@Wichita.NCR.COM
Wichita, KS

khindria@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Vivek Khindria (CSU)) (07/10/90)

In article <611@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM> gharring@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM (Gary Harrington) writes:
>I picked up a PrtSc program off the Net a while back, called PSPLUS, which
>claimed to do Print Screen with VGA.  Well, I finally got around to trying
>it, and, guess what?  It does not do graphics print screens as the text
>implied.  It does 80 column text print screen.
>
>I need an EGA graphics PrtSc program, preferably one that also does VGA,
>since that is what I have.  I have been watching for one, but kinda stopped
>looking after pulling off the PSPLUS mentioned above.  Does anyone have one
>they could Email to me?  If so, you may want to Email me before sending it
>so I don't get multiple copies.  Thanks in advance!
>
>Isn't it so nice that even up to DOS 3.3, the GRAPHICS.COM program still
>handles only CGA, even though you rarely see anything less than EGA
>these days?
>Gary.Harrington@Wichita.NCR.COM
>Wichita, KS

      One quick solution for you may be to make use of the GRAB program that

comes with WordPerfect version 5.0 and 5.1 .

      This is a TSR that allows you to capture the screen into a graphics file.

      Then from WordPerfect you may do some scaling/rotating/inverting before

print it.

      Good Luck

      Vivek

      khindria@HSCvax.CSU.McMaster.CA
      McMaster University
      Hamilton Ontario Canada

coy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Stephen B Coy) (07/11/90)

In article <611@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM>, gharring@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM (Gary Harrington) writes:
> I need an EGA graphics PrtSc program, preferably one that also does VGA,
> since that is what I have.  I have been watching for one, but kinda stopped
> looking after pulling off the PSPLUS mentioned above.  Does anyone have one
> they could Email to me?  If so, you may want to Email me before sending it
> so I don't get multiple copies.  Thanks in advance!

The July 90 issue of The C User's Journal has an article descibing
the creation of just such a utility.  This resident print handler is
designed to dump EGA screens to a CalComp Plotmaster color printer.
Since the code is included it should be relatively easy to modify
this to suit your needs.

Another alternative would be to get a "screen grabber" and then
dump the resulting files to your printer using another utility like
gifdot.

> Gary.Harrington@Wichita.NCR.COM
> Wichita, KS

Good luck,

Stephen Coy
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!coy

einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) (07/12/90)

In article <3438@ssc-vax.UUCP> coy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Stephen B Coy) writes:
>In article <611@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM>, gharring@enint.Wichita.NCR.COM (Gary Harrington) writes:
>> I need an EGA graphics PrtSc program, preferably one that also does VGA,
>> since that is what I have.  I have been watching for one, but kinda stopped

A few weeks ago I wrote a screen-dump program in Turbo-C for EGA/VGA for
EPSON FX-800 printer.  Anyone interested?  (It does not handle textmode)
(yet :-)

Disclaimer:  I will not be held responsible for any damage........ (etc.)
which comes from usage of that routine.  :-)

--
I just learned a new curse: "You #$@! son of SCROLLBAR!"

Internet:       einari@rhi.hi.is   | 'Just give me my command line and throw
UUCP: ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!einari   | the GUIs in the dust-bin!!!!!!!!!'