[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] "mode mono" command

ralphs@halcyon.wa.com (Ralph Sims) (07/14/90)

kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) writes:

> shell=c:\dos\command.com c:\dos\ /p /e:512
                                         ^^^

Just for grins, change that to /e:1024 and try again.  Also, make
sure 'mono' is supported by your mode command--some take BW80, etc.

--
  Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (07/14/90)

kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) writes:
> I want to execute the command "mode mono" at boot-up time.  The
> following autoexec.bat worked:
> [...]
> However, my autoexec.bat has grown a lot bigger, and now it doesn't
> work.  The first 3 lines of my autoexec.bat are still the same!  The

What, exactly, do you mean by "doesn't work"?  Do you mean that the
"mode mono" command generates an error message?  Do you mean that the
screen isn't in mono mode when autoexec.bat is finished?

It's fairly difficult to guess at the problem without more information.
You might try moving the "mode mono" command to the end of your autoexec.bat,
so it's the last command executed.  It's possible that a command you
run between "mode mono" and the end of your autoexec.bat is resetting
the screen mode, and this should keep that from happening.

--
Marc Unangst                           |
Internet: mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us    |          THIS SPACE FOR RENT