[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a Keyboard buffer size control utility.

katehaki@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Michael N. Katehakis) (07/14/90)

Does anybody know where can I get a copy of a program that will increase (
and preferably, it will allow me to manipulate ) the keyboard buffer size
under dos3.3 (which by default is 128 characters).
M.N. Katehakis, Rutgers, G.S.M.

marksal@milton.u.washington.edu (Alan Marks) (07/16/90)

In article <Jul.14.11.09.44.1990.5305@elbereth.rutgers.edu> katehaki@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Michael N. Katehakis) writes:
>Does anybody know where can I get a copy of a program that will increase (
>and preferably, it will allow me to manipulate ) the keyboard buffer size
>under dos3.3 (which by default is 128 characters).
>M.N. Katehakis, Rutgers, G.S.M.

KBFIX2, by Skip Gilbrech, is a superb program which will not only allow
you to expand ( I assume you didn't want to reduce it :) ) your keyboard
buffer, but also to adjust your keyboard's typematic rate, change the
function of the CAPSLOCK key so it acts more like a typewriter CAPSLOCK,
display the state of the shift keys (for those without extended keyboards),
enable beeps when the state of shift keys changes, and more.  All this for
only about 2.5k ram.  As near as I can tell, the program was last updated
in June 1988, but I've seen nothing that beats it yet!  Look for
KBFIX230.ARC (or maybe, ZIP?) in the usual places.  Oh yeah, public domain!

--Alan        marksal@u.washington.edu