[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Small bug in basstour

dafj@vaxa.aud.auc.dk (Flemming H. Jensen) (07/17/90)

I just got BASSTOUR to work on my WYSE PC.

It's a cute litte game, but one thing is really annoying.

The SOUND OFF/SOUND ON (F4) doesn't work. It's driving me nuts listening
to that BEEB every time I make a cast.

BTW. The F7/F8  (anchor down/anchor up) doesn't work either.

Best regards

Flemming Jensen
University of Aalborg, DENMARK
Computer Division.
dafj@vaxa.aud.auc.dk

littauer@uts.amdahl.com (Tom Littauer) (07/18/90)

In article <565@vaxa.aud.auc.dk> dafj@vaxa.aud.auc.dk (Flemming H. Jensen) writes:

>It's a cute litte game, but one thing is really annoying.

Yes, very nice indeed (although the waves get aggravating).

>The SOUND OFF/SOUND ON (F4) doesn't work. It's driving me nuts listening
>to that BEEB every time I make a cast.

Seems to work with the mouse control

>BTW. The F7/F8  (anchor down/anchor up) doesn't work either.

Seems to work with the mouse control

My problem :-) is that I use a 25MHz 386... and the gas tank and batteries
drain at a speed proportional to the CPU speed, not the amount of game time
used. This makes the game unplayable, even at the slowest speed my system
can be slowed to.
--
UUCP:  littauer@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).