[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] TOADWAK.ARC

jer@pender.ee.upenn.edu (Joel Ratsaby) (07/19/90)

Is there a way to get a file that used to be in SIMTEL20 but is no longer
there ?
I need to get the program TOADWAK.ARC, which enables the PC to execute
a program on a specific time.
I would appreciate if anyone could reply with an answer or maybe with a
different program that does the same function.

thanks in advance,
joel

harper@convex.com (David Harper) (07/19/90)

In article <27238@netnews.upenn.edu> jer@pender.ee.upenn.edu writes:
>Is there a way to get a file that used to be in SIMTEL20 but is no longer
>there ?
>I need to get the program TOADWAK.ARC, which enables the PC to execute
>a program on a specific time.
>I would appreciate if anyone could reply with an answer or maybe with a
>different program that does the same function.
>
>thanks in advance,
>joel

A quick check through the index shows the following two programs available
in the SYSUTL directory on simtel:

   DOAT.ARC      880911    4213  Execute command at specified time
   TIMERUN3.ARC  900120   12226  TSR executes DOS commands at a specified time

Dave Harper    -     Convex Computer Corp.            E-mail address:
3000 Waterview Pky.  Richardson, TX 75081             harper@convex.COM
(214) 497-4525 (W)   (214) 727-4206 (H)

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (07/21/90)

In article <27238@netnews.upenn.edu> jer@pender.ee.upenn.edu writes:
>Is there a way to get a file that used to be in SIMTEL20 but is no longer
>there ?
>I need to get the program TOADWAK.ARC, which enables the PC to execute
>a program on a specific time.

It's still there.  You have the name wrong.

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
TOADWAKE.ARC  B    7646  871101  Execute a command at specified time

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (300/1200/2400/9600 bps HST)