From:      Andrew D Nimmo <andrewn@syma.sussex.ac.uk>
           University of Sussex
Subject:   Wanted: (pd) version control software for pc
Date:      2 Jul 90 07:47:44 GMT

	I'm looking for version control management software
for the pc -- akin to SCCS and RCS for UNIX.  This would
preferably be free, either source or binaries.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	Andrew D. Nimmo

--
Andrew D. Nimmo, VLSI & Graphics Research Group, | JANET: andrewn@uk.ac.sussex.eaps
EAPS II, University of Sussex, Falmer,		 | INTERNET: andrewn%uk.ac.sussex.eaps@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

------------------------------

From:      vkumar@hydra.unm.edu
           University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
Subject:   Wanted: QuickBasic program source-code for viewing GIF files.
Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 90 08:48:22 GMT

	I was wondering if anyone might have the source code to a GIF file
viewing program written in QuickBasic ?  If so, could you e-mail it to me.
Any info as to at what ftp sites might have this program would be greatly
appreciated.

Vikram Kumar
vkumar@hydra.unm.edu

------------------------------

From:      vkumar@hydra.unm.edu
           UNM
Subject:   Wanted: QuickBasic source-code for viewing GIF files !!
Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 90 17:24:16 GMT

	Does anybody have a GIF file viewing program written in QuickBasic?
If so, could you please e-mail me a copy. If you know of any ftp sites that
might have the source-code, could you pass them on to me ? Any info regarding
this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Vikram Kumar
vkumar@hydra.unm.edu

------------------------------

From:      tolani@paris.ics.uci.edu
Subject:   BGI drivers wanted
Date:      6 Jul 90 06:44:18 GMT

Does anybody know of any commercial or public domain
BGI drivers that support the high resolution modes
of extended VGA cards ? I'm particularly interested
in obtaining drivers for the Orchid Prodesigner and
the Paradise professional.

tolani@blanche.ICS.UCI.EDU
--
Deepak Tolani

------------------------------

From:      ncrlnk!uncrcmd.Dayton.NCR.COM!news1@uunet.uu.net
           NCR Coor\033[Dperative Marketing Division
Subject:   NDMAKE - Wanted-
Date:      9 Jul 90 21:32:58 GMT

I am looking for the source OR the uuencoded binary for the
PD NDMAKE utility. This is described in the Makefiles for NetHack.
I do not have access to ftp so email or uucp must be used.

If another MS-DOS make  *(Unix command)* utility is available please tell me.

Thanks in Advance.
--
*   Jeff Van Voorhis  NCR Corporation CMD Division    *
*   Dayton, Ohio 45479   (513) 445-5267               *

------------------------------

From:      jackson@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Keith Jackson)
           Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas
Subject:   RCS/SCCS for the PC
Date:      11 Jul 90 13:43:26 GMT

In some article I wrote:
) >       does anyone know of a version control system such as RCS or SCCS
) > for the PC (preferably compatable with one of the two?)
)
) From: andy@mks.com (Andy Toy)
) MKS RCS is available for DOS, OS/2 and 386 Unixes.  For more
) information, send mail to `inquiry@mks.com'.
) ----
) From: maxwell!swrinde!imagen.imagen.com!glenn (Glenn Boozer)
)
) MKS is rcs and/or sccs compatable.  I forget which.
) ----
) From: t-rayc@microsoft.UUCP
)
) I have a GNURCS, but it's huge (330K after ZIPping).  The documentation
) is in Japanese, too.
) ----
) From: keshava%ccwf@relay.cs.net
)
) At a previous job, we used the Polytron Version Control System (PCVS)
) written by Polytron.  They also sell Poly Make.  You can networked and
) stand alone versions.
)
) I've never used rcs/sccs, but PCVS was cumbersome but good.  It was
) cumbersome because the PC is not well adapted for such things.  It was
) good because we created makefiles to manage over 150 modules and 20
) versions using PCVS.  It's worth considering.

Thanks for the responses.

Now, can anyone tell me if GNU sources are available on any BBS?
(respond via email, please).
--
        ########  U N * X   :   L i v e   F r e e   o r   D i e ########
Keith Jackson {convex, texsun}!smu!jackson == jackson@csvax.seas.smu.edu

------------------------------

From:      chchoi@banana.cse.eng.auburn.edu (Cheong Hyeon Choi)
           AU CSE Department
Subject:   Memory management of Window 3.0
Date:      12 Jul 90 23:45:07 GMT

 Did you experience this problems ?  I have XT-turbo clone enhanced with
Brkthru-8mz(80286, 16K cache, ROM cache on) and 2Mb Expanded memory.
Some time ago, I installed window3.0 for real-mode. Everything is fine.
But, when I exit from windows, always something was wrong. Every program
to use Expanded memory doesn't work - for example, Autocad hang when loaded.
Or WP5.1 showed very strange message "Can't find out wp.fil. Insert Diskette to
A: drive" something. After reboot, such problems disappeared. Tech support said
those problems might be associated with my expanded memory board. But I don't
have any information about manufacturer of my EMS board produced by "Sundesk".
If anybody have ones, please give me information. I thought windows might not
cooperate with some EMS LIM 4.0. I don't know exactly. Does anybody know a
solution. Please help me.

Thank in advance.

------------------------------

From:      chchoi@banana.cse.eng.auburn.edu (Cheong Hyeon Choi)
           AU CSE Department
Subject:   Hidden cost of exchange of motherboard 386sx
Date:      19 Jul 90 08:19:29 GMT

 I am an intensive user of IBM pc. Recently I am very hungry about speed
of my PC - XT-clone with Brkthru-286 8Mz. So I like to upgrade my pc to
386SX motherboard. I am worrying about the hidden cost and problems after buying
motherboard. I have been bothered by such hidden cost whenever upgrading
my pc. I like to minimize this investment. So I needs some valuable experiences
of yours. Specifically, what I like to get are:
     1. What size of mb fits xt-case?
     2. Every 8-bit interface boards (i/o, bus-mouse-controller, video-card etc.)        can be reused or not.
     3. Can memory chips of my pc work properly in new mb.
     4. How about the compatibility of 386SX mb ?
     5. What kind of 386SX mb operate properly with 150W power supply?
     6. Is 386SX mb compatible with 287 math-coprocessor?

I have some knowledge on IBM xt machine but I don't about 386sx mb.
Please give me some information on the above.

Thanks.

------------------------------

From:      dailey@frith.egr.msu.edu
           Michigan State University
Subject:   ftp site for Zoo for PC's
Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 90 13:12:34 GMT

Could someone please give me an ftp site for a PC version of zoo?  ARC
and LHARC would be nice, too, but are not required.

Thanks in advance.  Follow-ups redirected to me.

  /~\  Chris Dailey   (CPS Undergrad, SOC Lab Coord, AMIG user group Secretary)
 C oo  dailey@(cpsin1.cps|frith.egr).msu.edu         (make WP5.1 for the Amiga)
 _( ^)   "I am thankful for one leg.  To limp is no disgrace --
/   ~\    I may not be number one, but I can still run the race." -from B.C.