[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] PC-Write Lite doc files

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) (08/08/90)

I just downloaded PC-Write Lite from wuarchive, and found it to be a very
reasonable version of PC-Write.  I wanted it to be able to give it away to
friends that might ask about a word processor.

The problem I am having is with the FILEMAN program, which is supposed
to uncrunch the doc files.  When I run it, it complains that something
is wrong, and won't do anything.  TYPEMAN seems to work, though I wonder
if it is giving me both of the doc files.

Does anyone know how to uncrunch the doc files?

--
John Dudeck                                 "I always ask them, How well do
jdudeck@Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu                            you want it tested?"

jstone@world.std.com (Jeffrey R Stone) (08/08/90)

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) writes:

>The problem I am having is with the FILEMAN program, which is supposed
>to uncrunch the doc files.  When I run it, it complains that something
>is wrong, and won't do anything.  TYPEMAN seems to work, though I wonder
>if it is giving me both of the doc files.

I had the same problem.  I was able to get print man to more or less run
and I redirected the output to a file with PRN2FILE.  I had a big mess to
edit to make a reasonable doc file, and I'm not sure it's complete.  I'd
be interested in a working version of FILEMAN too.

-jeff-

b12958@cbnewsc.att.com (peter.f.schultz) (08/10/90)

From article <26bf2549.165e@petunia.CalPoly.EDU>, by jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck):

> I just downloaded PC-Write Lite from wuarchive, and found it to be a very
> reasonable version of PC-Write.  I wanted it to be able to give it away to
> friends that might ask about a word processor.
>
> The problem I am having is with the FILEMAN program, which is supposed
> to uncrunch the doc files.
 :
 :
 :
> Does anyone know how to uncrunch the doc files?

I recently got a set of diskettes for PC-WRITE 3.03 and was initially
confused over how to get the manuals from the *.PRN files that are
encoded in some wierd manner.   Howwever, after several attempts I
found that the FILEMAN command worked in this way

	fileman manual1.prn output1

The file OUTPUT1 then had the file in a form suitable for printing on
a printer (complete with ctrl-L's for page control).

Hope this will help you out.

Pete Schultz
att!ihlpl!b12958