[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for BATTLEZONE or B_ZONE for IBM pc from Atari

randy@rls.UUCP (Randall L. Smith) (08/05/90)

The subject line says most of it.  A friend that does not have net
access at all is seeking the binary of a game called BATTLEZONE or maybe
B_ZONE that was written for the IBM pc and donated to the Public Domain
by Atari.  Sounds strange to me, but I owe him a favor and would
appreciate anyones help.  I can zoo, arc, tar, shar, uudecode, zip,
16/12 bit compress, lharc, binscii, or most anything else.

I do not have ftp access so someone willing to mail it, please reply by
e-mail as I do not read this newsgroup.

Thank you very much.

Cheers!

- randy

Usenet: randy@rls.uucp
Bangpath: ...<backbone>!osu-cis!rls!randy
Internet: rls!randy@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Dizzynet: What language is it?
	 "C", Senior.
	 No, no.  What *language*?
	 Esta "C", Senior!
	 What?!?  You don't understand...I just want to know what language...

ejb@think.com (Erik Bailey) (08/10/90)

In article <10610@rls.UUCP> randy@rls.UUCP (Randall L. Smith) writes:
>The subject line says most of it.  A friend that does not have net
>access at all is seeking the binary of a game called BATTLEZONE or maybe
>B_ZONE that was written for the IBM pc and donated to the Public Domain
>by Atari.
>
>- randy

Well, the filename is BZONE. *HOWEVER* it is most certainly *NOT* in the
public domain. Someone many years ago cracked the game and uploaded it to
BBSs with under the false heading of "Public Domain by Atari."

The game is pretty lousy anyways.

--Erik

--
      Erik Bailey       | 7 Oak Knoll         | Thinking Machines Corp.
      ejb@think.com     | Arlington, MA 02174 | 245 First St.