[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Cleanp66.zip

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (08/12/90)

Michael A. Wirth <mwirth@gara.une.oz.au> writes:
>      I recently downloaded the latest virus detection and
> eradication programs from SIMTEL and all work, except for
> CLEANP66.ZIP, which seems to have the last few bytes overwritten with
> the message which was received on comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d, and
> therefore when downloaded to a pc, it will not dezip at all.

Thanks for reporting the problem.  The file has been replaced with a
new copy.  The problem was at SIMTEL20, not with my original copy
obtained from McAfee's BBS.

Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (300/1200/2400/9600 bps HST)
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.mil  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz