[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Need help with my PC modifications

altekar@jetsam.rtp.dg.com (Girish Altekar) (08/14/90)

I am trying to add a 20MB Rodime disk to my AT which already contains a
60MB Micropolis
disk. I do not have documentation on either disk drive and I was
wondering if anyone on the
net has any words of wisdom for me. The problem is as follows : The
Rodime disk works just
fine when connected to the "C" signal connector (when the Micropolis
disk is not connected)
but does not work with the "D" connector. The Micropolis disk works just
fine as the C drive
when connected to the "D" connector but does not work on the C connector
(the Rodime disk
is not connected). Any combination of the disks and connectors (and
configurations !) does not
get these drives to work together. I wanted the Micropolis disk to be
the C drive and the
Rodime disk to be the D drive. I have looked for dip switches and
terminating resistors on
both the disks but haven't been able to locate them. Does anyone have
any experience in this
area who may be able to help me out ?

Also, does anyone know if AMI, maker of memory boards and other PC
products, is still in
existence ? I tried their number but they are not in Irvine, CA anymore.

rschmidt@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (roy schmidt) (08/14/90)

In article <765@dg.dg.com> altekar@jetsam.rtp.dg.com (Girish Altekar) writes:
>I am trying to add a 20MB Rodime disk to my AT which already contains a
>60MB Micropolis
/* flame on */
Here lately (like ever since *.ibm.pc* became *.msdos.* and *.os2.* and
more changes on the way), cbipd seems to have become a magnet for tons
of hardware questions.  We have also seen a few in *.msdos.*.  This is
rather silly.  A quick check of the name of the newsgroup should be
sufficient:  this is a group for discussion of the binaries being
swapped (or potentially to be swapped) on cbip.  It is *not* a hardware
discussion group, nor a for-sale group.  Since there are a lot of people
paying for this service, I am sure they are not at all pleased to pay
for irrelevant articles.  If I were paying directly for this, I would
certainly also resent the occaisonal shareware commercials that find
their way into this newsgroup!  Commercial use of this system is a
breach of nettiquette.  Come on guys, let's respect fellow users and
stick to the subject for which the group was formed!
/* flame off */
Roy Schmidt                 |  #include <disclaimer.h>
Indiana University          |  /* They are _my_ thoughts, and you can't
Graduate School of Business |     have them, so there!  */

  This discussion does not relate to binaries in comp.binaries.ibm.pc.
Please move the discussion to comp.sys.ibm.pc, where it is appropriate
and will get a better readership.

  This is not a flame, it is a polite request from the moderator of
c.b.i.p. Let's try to keep c.b.i.p.d on topic.

	Thanks.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX