[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] software for news feed to ibm.pc

dlt@wingman.UUCP (Don Turrell) (08/17/90)

I am looking for software that will allow
an ibm.pc to be used to receive a newsfeed
from a remote (via modem) unix machine.

Any info that would point me in the right direction
would be appreciated via a posting to this group or
e-mail.

Thanks

Don Turrell
Performance Technologies, Inc.
East Rochester, NY 14445
|     dlt@wingman.UUCP                |   Phone:  716-586-6727 (Work)      |
| ..!uunet!ccicpg!cci632!wingman!dlt  |   FAX:    716-586-0061             |

mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) (08/19/90)

dlt@wingman.UUCP (Don Turrell) writes:
> I am looking for software that will allow
> an ibm.pc to be used to receive a newsfeed
> from a remote (via modem) unix machine.

First of all, your message was inappropriate for comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d.
Topics such as this one belong in comp.os.msdos.apps; please help keep
c.b.i.p.d on-topic by not posting inappropriate messages here.

Second of all, Waffle is quite a fine program for this application.
Waffle has extensive (comparable to smail 2.5) mail-routing capabilities,
as well as the ability to handle batched news and 12-bit compressed
batches.  The most recent version of Waffle is v1.62, although v1.63
is due out soon.  You can obtain Waffle from wuarchive.wustl.edu:
/mirrors/msdos/bbs/waf162.zip.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.