[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Plot61 function plotter

theorem@blake.acs.washington.edu (Adrian Mariano) (08/23/90)

In article <1990Aug22.174848.20162@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK)
writes:
>The range of the options in plot61 is truly impressive.  On
>the other hand, I found a number of problems with plot61.  The first
>one is that I did not find a way to keep my function in memory, but
>had to rewrite it time and again.

The program remembers the last 8 functions typed in.  You can recall
the previous function with the up arrow.  Alternatively, you can
use the user function mechanism to define the function you wish
to manipulate.  Use Ctrl-F to define the function, and refer to it
as f(expression).

>Second, and more serious, if one
>has used the program options extensively, the program crashes the PC
>(memory allocation error) at exiting.

I have fixed this in my development version.  If you avoid using
the help screen the program won't crash.  (Since I don't  use
the help screen, it took me a while to notice this one.)
There is another bug with plotting parametric that you didn't notice
which I have also fixed.  The development version also includes complex
variables and will be released as soon as I can figure out how to evaluate
the bessel functions and gamma function for complex arguments.

--
Adrian Mariano, author of plot61
theorem@blake.acs.washington.edu