[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] How to flag reposts

How would people like reposts of articles flagged? With all the flavors
of auto unpack running out there, I'd like to minimize the damage but
still let people know, since duplication bothers other people.

I will listen to suggestions, preferable posted here, and then flag
things. Hopefully there's a way which will make everybody happy.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

cnews@cix.cix.UUCP (Cliff Stanford) (08/09/90)

In article <1442@sixhub.UUCP> davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>How would people like reposts of articles flagged?

	How about either flagging it as Part 14/15R or as Part 014/15?
		Cliff.

car@ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) (08/17/90)

In article <1442@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> How would people like reposts of articles flagged?
>
> I will listen to suggestions, preferable posted here, and then flag
> things.

Please make an indication in the "Subject:" line.

My personal preference would be to append "(REPOST)" to the "Subject:" line.

For example:

Subject: v07i133: cmoser, edit CMOS contents (part 01/02) (REPOST)

This way it is clearly visable - even when using a newsreader like VN
which only shows the "Subject:" line while scanning.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysV/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek

dgl292@pallas.athenanet.com (Doug Lee) (08/26/90)

In article <254@ramecs.UUCP> car@ramecs.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>In article <1442@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
>> How would people like reposts of articles flagged?
>
>Please make an indication in the "Subject:" line.

A good idea, there.  However, I think some sites (e.g., those using Notes)
may chop off subject lines at about 40 characters.  Corrections are certainly
welcomed here.  If this is the case, however, I would think it useful to
include the REPOST flag in the "Archive-name:" line as well (assuming this line
remains a constant part of postings).

Doug Lee  (dgl292@athenanet.com or uunet!pallas!dgl292)