[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for ZIP source

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (08/29/90)

I am looking for souce code, prefereably in Pascal or C, which will
enable me to read the ZIP (of pkzip) format, and the files within.
I wish to write a form of "zmore" for zip. I have a load of textfiles,
individually zipped, which I would like to be able to view without
having to physically unzip it, read it, and then erase the unzipped
file. Help?

--
++Christopher(); --- cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu --- chris@fubarsys.slo.ca.us
---

berg@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (AKA Solitair) (08/29/90)

>I wish to write a form of "zmore" for zip. I have a load of textfiles,
>individually zipped, which I would like to be able to view without
>having to physically unzip it, read it, and then erase the unzipped
>file. Help?

>++Christopher(); --- cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu --- chris@fubarsys.slo.ca.us

How about:    unzip -c *

That should do the job.
--
Sincerely,                 berg%cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de@unido.bitnet
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (08/30/90)

Thank you to everyone who pointed out the unzip -cm option to me. I suppose
I wasn't clear enough. I need source because this is going to be an application
on a BBS. I need to be able to route the output through my own termsend()
routines. I could redirect the stdout that unzip provides, but this way
would be more attractive. Thanks to keith peterson (formerly and hopefully
soon to be again of simtel20 :-)) for pointing me at some source.

--

roy@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (08/30/90)

berg@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (AKA Solitair) writes:

> >I wish to write a form of "zmore" for zip.
>
> How about:    unzip -c *
> That should do the job.

How about: unzip -c * | list/s

where list is Vernon Buerg's LIST.COM (or the 4dos internal LIST
command... same syntax) Then, you'll have paging, search, reverse paging,
printing... all the LIST.COM features.
--
Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu  |+| #define opinions ALL_MINE;
main(){float x=1;x=x/50;printf("It's only $%.2f, but it's my $%.2f!\n",x,x);}