[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] ZOO source

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (12/16/88)

greggt@VAX1.CC.UAKRON.EDU (Gregg Thompson) writes:

>	So if someone has a version of zoo for Unix which is compatible with
>the PC's then I will go with zoo too, but until then I see no need for it.
>(if there is a version for unix then don't flame me but send me the source
>for it)

I have zoo v1.5 running under Ultrix (roughly BSD4.2?).  Per the
advertised virtue of zoo, it will read any version of zoo archive
(although it may lack some flexiblity of extraction options).  For
those who are unfamiliar with zoo, it supports full Unix-like filenames
and paths.  In terms of performance an features, I see it as a strict,
and large, superset of the ARC-like programs.

Version 2.01 is available at simtel20, by anonymous ftp (and possibly
elsewhere; I'll get a copy when I get some free time).  I you can't do
ftp, I'm willing to send you a copy of the source, whichever version I
have at that point.

--  bob,mon			(bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)
-- "I thought it must be one of the prime numbers of the Zeeman Series.
    *I* haven't changed."

mink@einstein.eds.com (Dave Mink) (06/09/90)

Where can I find the source to Zoo which can be compiled on UNIX.
I do not have anonymous FTP access, but I can use mail servers, or
uucp.

Let me know if you have it or know where I can get it. Please do not
send it yet because I don't want multiple copies.

Thanks,

Dave Mink   (mink@einstein.eds.com)
EDS / Technical Services Division
Troy, Michigan

mink@einstein.eds.com (Dave Mink) (06/13/90)

Thanks to all who replied to my request for zoo sources. I should be
getting a copy in a couple days.

-Dave Mink (mink@einstein.eds.com)
 EDS / Technical Services Division
 Troy, Michigan

djm@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Murphy) (09/05/90)

OK, I know this will have been asked , and posted many times, but could
someone please mail me the sources for ZOO (or an unZOOer) so's I can
unpack archives on the *nix here and print documentation files ?

Murff...  (djm%ed.castle@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk)