[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] GIF via FTP

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) (08/24/90)

I am posting this for a friend who does not have access to the network.
Please reply to me, instead of posting to the group - if anyone is interested
in a summary, just let me know.

Many archive sites do not carry any GIF files - saying (understandably) that
the files take up too much valuable space.  I am sure a good collection of
GIF files, accessible via anonumous FTP must exist somewhere - can
anybody help me find it ?

-frisk

--
Fridrik Skulason      University of Iceland  |
Technical Editor of the Virus Bulletin (UK)  |  Reserved for future expansion

umrose05@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Dave Rose) (08/24/90)

frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:

>I am posting this for a friend who does not have access to the network.
>Please reply to me, instead of posting to the group - if anyone is interested
>in a summary, just let me know.

>Many archive sites do not carry any GIF files - saying (understandably) that
>the files take up too much valuable space.  I am sure a good collection of
>GIF files, accessible via anonumous FTP must exist somewhere - can
>anybody help me find it ?

>-frisk
Yes, there is a decent site that has what you are looking for.

mars.ee.msstate.edu

Dave

--
Dave Rose                 : Local (UnixWS) - UMRose05@CCU.UManitoba.CA
P.O. Box 403              : Local (Amdahl) - #Rose05@CCM.UManitoba.CA

TIM@ENH.Prime.COM (08/29/90)

Dave,

    Can you post or send me the internet address for mars.ee.msstate.edu?
It's not in my hosts file. Thanks!

/*
Tim Cantin, Prime Computer, Inc. -- (508) 879-2960, ext. 3101
Mailstop 10-13, 500 Old Conn Path, Framingham, MA 01701 (USA)
InterNet : TIM@ENH.Prime.COM
Uucp     : {primerd, cvbnet, uunet}!ENH.Prime.COM!TIM
*/

nol2321@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil (Jim Dunn) (09/06/90)

IP address for "mars.ee.msstate.edu" is 130.18.64.3, OK?
:)
Jim

pw1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Pythagoras Christian Watson) (09/07/90)

The internet address for mars.ee.msstate.edu is 130.18.64.3

Py
Live long and may all your kernels pop.

umrose05@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Dave Rose) (09/08/90)

TIM@ENH.Prime.COM writes:

>Dave,

>    Can you post or send me the internet address for mars.ee.msstate.edu?
>It's not in my hosts file. Thanks!

I don't know of any other address other than the above...
It works for me when I'm Ftping...

Dave
.