[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Replys by email

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (09/08/90)

In article <925@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
:
>	be appreciated. As I said please e-mail response as I rarely read
>	this group (today was an exception).

This always gets me on my high horse.  In my opinion there are
several good and valid reasons for asking emailed replys, but not
being a regural reader is definitely not among them.  I've always
felt that if one is interested enough to pose a question to a group,
and expect answers, one should also have the courtesy to be prepared
to follow up the group.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (09/11/90)

}:
}
}This always gets me on my high horse.  In my opinion there are
}several good and valid reasons for asking emailed replys, but not
}being a regural reader is definitely not among them.  I've always
}felt that if one is interested enough to pose a question to a group,
}and expect answers, one should also have the courtesy to be prepared
}to follow up the group.
}

I concur 100%.  If you ask a question, at least have the decency to
wait around for the answer!

Keith (on my high horse, too!) Ericson, aka kEITHe

PS - the Elvis vi-clone editor seems to compile up and work reasonably
well.  I mean, if _I_ can get something to compile and run it _must_
have been put together pretty well!

djensen@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Dallas Jensen) (09/11/90)

In article <8080@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:
>In article <1990Sep7.174431.20278@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) writes:
>}In article <925@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>}:
>}>	be appreciated. As I said please e-mail response as I rarely read
>}>	this group (today was an exception).
>}
>}This always gets me on my high horse.  In my opinion there are
>}several good and valid reasons for asking emailed replys, but not
>
>I concur 100%.  If you ask a question, at least have the decency to
>wait around for the answer!
>
>Keith (on my high horse, too!) Ericson, aka kEITHe

  Come on.... Lighten up!  Why can't someone ask a question on a
group he or she does not always read? I find that I have time to
read this group about once every two weeks. Because of space
limitations, articles on this system expire in around two days.
In some jobs it may be better that you keep up on other news
groups ( :-) you know the Macintrash, Unix and VMS trivia :-))
   If you don't want to answer the question don't bother with it,
if you feel that the answer would be of use to the net post it
(and send the mail).

                                                  Dallas Jensen
.insert signature standard
.insert disclaimer silly

andy@mks.com (Andy Toy) (09/13/90)

In article <4244@pikes.Colorado.EDU> djensen@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Dallas Jensen) writes:
>  Come on.... Lighten up!  Why can't someone ask a question on a
>group he or she does not always read?
>   If you don't want to answer the question don't bother with it,
>if you feel that the answer would be of use to the net post it
>(and send the mail).

It is fairly standard practice for the questioner to offer to post a
summary of replies which he receives by e-mail.  I suggest that if
there is enough interest shown then a summary should be posted.

BTW, apologies in advance for contributing to the net noise on this
binaries discussion group :-(
--
Andy Toy, Mortice Kern Systems Inc.,       Internet: andy@mks.com
  35 King Street North, Waterloo,       UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!andy