[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Database of Compact Discs ?

a864@mindlink.UUCP (Jono Moore) (09/10/90)

> yoon@aludra.usc.edu writes:
> Msg-ID: <11920@chaph.usc.edu>
> Person: Dae-Kyun Yoon
>
> I am trying to build a Database of CD's on my ibm-pc, especially for
> classical musics.
> Are there anybody who already have such database ?  Can I have an uuencoded
> copy so that I can start from it ?  The only database program I have is
> DBASE III plus, therefore the file should follow DBASE format.

There is a really good one out there called TapeMaker that I think came over
c.b.i.p a while back.  Looks after CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.  Also allows you to
put in the times for the music so that you can make tapes more easily.

It is a stand-alone program, so you don't need Dbase to run it.  I imagine that
it is probably available on SIMTEL20 - the archive name is TAPEM14.XXX

--
USENET: a864@mindlink.UUCP     |  "I've got compassion running
BITNET: usernk1z@sfu           |  out of my nose, pal. I'm the

yoon@aludra.usc.edu (Dae-Kyun Yoon) (09/11/90)

I am trying to build a Database of CD's on my ibm-pc, especially for
classical musics.
Are there anybody who already have such database ?  Can I have an uuencoded
copy so that I can start from it ?  The only database program I have is
DBASE III plus, therefore the file should follow DBASE format.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!
Dae-kyun Yoon
dkyoon@priam.usc.edu, ..!uunet!usc!priam!dkyoon

boba@hpwarau.hp.com (Bob Alexander) (09/12/90)

In article <3140@mindlink.UUCP> a864@mindlink.UUCP (Jono Moore) writes:
>> I am trying to build a Database of CD's on my ibm-pc, especially for
>> classical musics.
>
>There is a really good one out there called TapeMaker that I think came over
>c.b.i.p a while back.
>
>It is a stand-alone program, so you don't need Dbase to run it. I imagine that
>it is probably available on SIMTEL20 - the archive name is TAPEM14.XXX

I am the author of TapeMaker.

TapeMaker does not seem to be on Simtel 20 yet (how can I get it there?)
It should be in any c.b.i.p archive, but if you can't find it, send me
e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

  Bob Alexander      | No witty comments - it's too early in the morning
  boba@hpwala.hp.com | to be funny.
  Organizations don't have opinions: individuals do.  The opinions expressed
  above do not necessarily reflect those of the stockholders, employees, or
  directors of Hewlett-Packard.

tcs@router.jhuapl.edu (09/14/90)

Ummm, if you're not too busy, could you send me a copy too? I think I saw an
earlier version a long while ago (on a BBS in a galaxy far, far away).

Thanks....

Carl Schelin
tcs@router.jhuapl.edu