[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Problem: can't configure RBCOMM32.ZIP

dsims@uceng.UC.EDU (david l sims) (09/14/90)

I ftp'd rbcomm32.zip direct from Ralf Brown's anonymous ftp area and
subsequently downloaded it to my genuine IBM PC. After unzipping it and
reading the documentation, I tried to configure the program by typing:

d:\> rbconfig comm.com

However, everytime I run the program, the screen clears and the message
"unable to open executable" appears at the top of the screen. No, comm.com
is not read-only, system, or hidden (I can look at comm.com with other
programs). I even tried configuring it on my floppy drive to no avail.
I have your standard PC with a 72 meg hard drive partitioned using
Disk Manager.

I need help! Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

David Sims

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (09/18/90)

In article <6087@uceng.UC.EDU> dsims@uceng.UC.EDU (david l sims) writes:
>I ftp'd rbcomm32.zip direct from Ralf Brown's anonymous ftp area and
>subsequently downloaded it to my genuine IBM PC. After unzipping it and
>reading the documentation, I tried to configure the program by typing:
>
>d:\> rbconfig comm.com
>
>However, everytime I run the program, the screen clears and the message
>"unable to open executable" appears at the top of the screen. No, comm.com

Perhaps comm.com is not in the root directory?  Presumably it is
in a subdirectory devoted to RBCOMM32, n'est-ce pas?  In which case,
one ought to give the full path, comme ca:  rbconfig d:\rbcomm32\comm.com
--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |