[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] WARNING: GNUish mv is dangerous

juergen@julien.uucp (Juergen Stuber) (09/18/90)

In article <PINARD.90Sep13185455@kovic.IRO.UMontreal.CA>
	pinard@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Francois Pinard) writes:
>Several MSDOS ports of GNU utilities may be found by ftping
>nic.funet.fi [128.214.6.100], in directory pub/msdos/gnudos, which is
>yet in organization state.

Yesterday I got the executables for the GNU file utilities, filutl13.zip
from there. This archive contains a mv.exe which is DANGEROUS.

mv ..\dir1\file ..\dir2

will remove file, complaining about some file with a funny path
not existing. There seems to be some confusion between '/' and '\'.
Sorry, at the moment I don't have this error message here.

Juergen

Juergen Stuber, Dortmund, West Germany
email: juergen@ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
"Das ist ein Dangerou." - Helmut Kohl Witz