[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] WINTRIS: middle mouse button problem w/ microsoft

tima@agora.uucp (Tim Anderson) (09/19/90)

I've been having problems with WINTRIS. When I try to 'emulate' the middle
button press on my two button microsoft mouse by hitting BOTH buttons
it doesn't work. Instead of the little blocks rotating, the seem to jerk
left then right, or right then left. Apparantly they are getting left
button and right button events seperately, as apposed to the 'middle'
button event that it (theoretically) should be getting. Has anyone else
experienced these same problems? Otherwise it's a neato program ;-)

tima@agora.hf.intel.com

cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris G. Sylvain) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep18.204519.27080@agora.uucp> tima@agora.uucp (Tim Anderson) writes:
>I've been having problems with WINTRIS. When I try to 'emulate' the middle
>button press on my two button microsoft mouse by hitting BOTH buttons
>it doesn't work.

It works via the keypad just fine. I have a three button mouse and the middle
button doesn't do what the documentation says it should. As a matter of fact,
pressing the middle button accomplishes nothing.

Until the mouse support is debugged, the keypad is The Thing To Use.
Ah, well...
--
Outgrabe: Like a bellowing and whistling, with a kind sneeze in the middle