[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] pax/tar on IBM-PC Systems

6600kjp@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Kevin Phillips) (09/26/90)

I have tried, several times, to use the pax/tar utility
on tar files I have downloaded to my PC from my Unix
account.  In every case, PAX/TAR would only un-tar the
first file and would give an error message and quit
after that.  Has anyone else had this problem and figured
out a work-around?  (I've tried, but no haven't had any
luck yet)

Thanks in advance.
Kevin Phillips

6600kjp@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
kjp@cornu.ucsb.edu

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (09/26/90)

In article <6352@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600kjp@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Kevin Phillips) writes:
>I have tried, several times, to use the pax/tar utility
>on tar files I have downloaded to my PC from my Unix
>account.  In every case, PAX/TAR would only un-tar the
>first file and would give an error message and quit
>after that.  Has anyone else had this problem and figured
>out a work-around?  (I've tried, but no haven't had any
>luck yet)

The PAX utilities work just fine for me.  Perhaps something is wrong
elsewhere in the chain?  Most problems seem to be with downloading.
--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |