[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] EGA monitor takes time to 'warm up'...too much time

v141npg4@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Moore) (09/29/90)

I own a Samsung CD-1452M EGA monitor which is about 2 yrs. old.
Recently, i.e. within the last couple of months, the monitor has been
taking a what I consider to be unusual amount of time to 'warm up'.
Today, for example, it took 3 minutes for it to come on.  I have it hooked
up to an AT, the same one it's been hooked upto for the past year.  Now, the
way we operate the whole computer system is through a 6-outlet surge protector
which just requires us to flip it on whenever we want to use the system.  Is it
possible that doing this instead of using the on/off switch on the monitor
could have damaged the tube?  Or could it be just the tube having been worn out
from the frequent use it gets?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Please
e-mail me as I hardly get around to reading this newsgroup.
thanks...
t.e. moore

v141npg4@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Moore) (09/30/90)

In article <38249@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v141npg4@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Moore) writes...

From: v141npg4@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Moore)
Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d
Subject: Re: EGA monitor takes time to 'warm up'...too much time
Date: 29 SEP 90 15:22:33
Expires:
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.3-4.3

In article <38249@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v141npg4@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas E Moore) writes...
>from the frequent use it gets?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Please
>e-mail me as I hardly get around to reading this newsgroup.

I have reposted this (with a minor change in wording) to
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware so any other followup to this article will be posted
there.  Sorry if I offended anyone with my choice of wording.

t.e.moore
v141npg4@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu