[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] com-and and ANSI.SYS

dvadura@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) (10/09/90)

Has anyone managed to get com-and (yet another comm program, with which I
was trully impressed until this happened :-), to run in conjunction with
ANSI.SYS or NANSI.SYS.  It doesn't directly support a full set of vt100
escape codes, and it claims that if you use one of these (actually FANSI.SYS
which I can't get right off to test it), that you have full vt100 emulation.

All I get it is really weird behaviour with com-and and the screen/keyboard
if I have any ANSI.SYS drivers installed, nothing else has any troubles
though.

-thanks
-dennis
"This is almost worth the HIGH blood pressure!" he  |Dennis Vadura
thought as yet another mosquito exploded.-R.Patching|dvadura@dragon.uwaterloo.ca

charles@convex.com (Dave Charles) (10/10/90)

In <1990Oct9.135350.14148@watdragon.waterloo.edu> dvadura@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) writes:

>Has anyone managed to get com-and (yet another comm program, with which I
>was trully impressed until this happened :-), to run in conjunction with
>ANSI.SYS or NANSI.SYS.  It doesn't directly support a full set of vt100
>escape codes, and it claims that if you use one of these (actually FANSI.SYS
>which I can't get right off to test it), that you have full vt100 emulation.

>All I get it is really weird behaviour with com-and and the screen/keyboard
>if I have any ANSI.SYS drivers installed, nothing else has any troubles
>though.

  I get wierd responses when trying to emulate a VT100 using version
2.6 (from C'serve) also.  I have a clone w/ NANSI.SYS installed
communicating with a UNIX BSD system.  Most problems seem to occur
when I try "vi" on the UNIX box.  The PC seems to loose its mind re.
screen management.

  Has anyone else seem this behavior?  Or, any suggestions?