[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Pointers in finding...

unhd (Roger Gonzalez ) (10/12/90)

.. a program to increase the size of the typeahead buffer
.. a program to increase enivironment space
.. a program to schedule the execution of other programs at different
   times and dates
.. a program to load TSRs in EMS or extended memory

I've poked around the obvious sources, but nothing jumped out and bit me.
Any of these animals exist?

-Roger

--
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
 than the question of whether a submarine can swim" - Edsgar W. Dijkstra

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct11.183213.26106@uunet!unhd> rg@unhd.UUCP (Roger Gonzalez ) writes:
>.. a program to increase the size of the typeahead buffer
Take a look at /pc/pd2/buf128.arc at chyde.wasa.fi. Scan our INDEX
for possible others.

>.. a program to increase enivironment space
Take a look at your MsDos manual. You dont need a program.
Alternatively see /pc/ts/tsbat21.arc batch files. They comment on
this feature.

>.. a program to schedule the execution of other programs at different
>   times and dates
Take a look at eg chyde.uwasa.fi INDEX in the /pc directory. There
should be these "at"-type programs there.

>.. a program to load TSRs in EMS or extended memory
Sorry, no information here but to scan the file lists.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (10/12/90)

rg@unhd.UUCP (Roger Gonzalez ) writes:
>.. a program to increase the size of the typeahead buffer
>.. a program to increase enivironment space
>.. a program to schedule the execution of other programs at different
>   times and dates
>.. a program to load TSRs in EMS or extended memory

All of these are available from SIMTEL20.  Please download SIMIBM.ARC
from the pd1:<msdos.filedocs> directory and scan the index for matches.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)