[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Linewars

umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) (10/15/90)

After my mention of Linewars as a game to be played over the modem, I started
getting lots of requests for it.  I thought I got it from Simtel20, but
now I see I got it off of a local BBS.  I don't see a GAMES directory
on Simtel20, so I would assume they don't want entertainment software.
Could someone suggest another place I could FTP it to?

Charles

umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) (10/16/90)

Since I've received so many requests for the Linewars and Trek28 files that
I mentioned in a previous article, I have FTPed them to:

wuarchive.wustl.edu (/pub/MSDOS_UPLOADS)
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu (/f/uploads)

Charles

scott@blueeyes.kines.uiuc.edu (scott) (10/17/90)

In article <1990Oct15.032756.28617@ccu.umanitoba.ca> umcarls9@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Carlson) writes:
>After my mention of Linewars as a game to be played over the modem, I started
>getting lots of requests for it.  I thought I got it from Simtel20, but
>now I see I got it off of a local BBS.  I don't see a GAMES directory
>on Simtel20, so I would assume they don't want entertainment software.
>Could someone suggest another place I could FTP it to?

You're right - SIMTEL got rid of their games directories some time ago. Some
good places to upload games are grape.ecs.clarkson.edu, terminator.cc.umich.edu,
etc. I suggest those of us with modem games to share pick one common ftp site
to upload them to so that they aren't scattered about all over the internet.
Then, next time someone asks where to find a modem game, we can immediately give
the proper pointer. Name your ftp site! ;-)

--
Scott Coleman                                             khan@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu