[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] A Program to Show Memory Usage while a Program is executing

jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) (10/09/90)

Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
memory being used while programs are being executed?

This would help in finding the memory requirements of a program
that is active and executing and one cannot drop to DOS SHELL
to find memory occupied.

Jack Lupic

Scarborough,Ontario-CANADA

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (10/12/90)

jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:

>Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
>memory being used while programs are being executed?

PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>RMAP30.ARC on SIMTEL will do this.
--
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim

jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) (10/13/90)

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:

> jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
>

> >Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
> >memory being used while programs are being executed?
>
> PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>RMAP30.ARC on SIMTEL will do this.

Thanks for the info, Pim.I just received a short program <2845 bytes> from
W.F.Schroeder @ uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad called MF2.exe and it works great.

If anyone is interested I could post it here.

glee@tigris.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (10/13/90)

In article <o3iqq1w163w@micasa.UUCP> jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
>Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
>memory being used while programs are being executed?

Manifest by Quarterdeck Office Systems has a TSR mode and will give you
detailed information on memory usage by a program while it is executing.
--
Godfrey Lee
cognos!alzabo!tigris!glee

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (10/14/90)

In article <LXeyq3w163w@micasa.UUCP> jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
>pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>>
>> >Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
>> >memory being used while programs are being executed?
>>
>> PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>RMAP30.ARC on SIMTEL will do this.
>
>Thanks for the info, Pim.I just received a short program <2845 bytes> from
>W.F.Schroeder @ uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad called MF2.exe and it works great.
>
>If anyone is interested I could post it here.

If someone manages to find out how RMAP30 is supposed to work,
please share the information with the net.  I hastily tested it
myself, but the only thing I managed to get out of it was the
ordinary memory map (quite like that in the well-known tsrcom29),
and rmap staying put as a resident program.  What should the user do
with it after that?

Also, would you kindly make the package containing mf2.exe available
at your site and/or Simtel if not already there.  If you do, and it
is of use, I'll inform the net, and probably save you a lot of
emailing.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

dsims@uceng.UC.EDU (david l sims) (10/15/90)

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) writes:

>If someone manages to find out how RMAP30 is supposed to work,
>please share the information with the net.

After installing RMAP30 as a TSR, I entered my application program. Then
I hit "ctrl-esc", I believe, to invoke RMAP30. RMAP30 proceeded to
show me the memory map a la tsrcom29, which included the memory usage
for my application program. It seemed to work quite well for me.

sschnellm@cc.curtin.edu.au (10/17/90)

In article <LXeyq3w163w@micasa.UUCP>, jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
> pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>
>> jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
>>

>> >Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
>> >memory being used while programs are being executed?
>>
>> PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>RMAP30.ARC on SIMTEL will do this.
>
> Thanks for the info, Pim.I just received a short program <2845 bytes> from
> W.F.Schroeder @ uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad called MF2.exe and it works great.
>
> If anyone is interested I could post it here.
>
> Jack Lupic
>
> Scarborough,Ontario-CANADA

Please do.

Marcus
sschnellm@cc.curtin.edu.au

schro@uqun05.nixdorf.de (W.F.Schroeder) (10/18/90)

jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:

>pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:

>> jzl@micasa.UUCP (Jack Z. Lupic) writes:
>>

>> >Would anyone know of a program that will show the total computer
>> >memory being used while programs are being executed?
>>
>> PD1:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>RMAP30.ARC on SIMTEL will do this.

>Thanks for the info, Pim.I just received a short program <2845 bytes> from
>W.F.Schroeder @ uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad called MF2.exe and it works great.

>If anyone is interested I could post it here.

>Jack Lupic

>Scarborough,Ontario-CANADA

It really works great but i am not the author of this program.
MF2.EXE was written by Mr. Michael Gaida, his e-mail address
is uunet!nixbur!gaida.pad.  Please check with him before posting.

Regards
W.F.Schroeder

| W.F.Schroeder |  MS-Dos & OS/2 Systems  | Paper-: Nixdorf Computer AG |
| UUCP:  uunet!nixbur!schroeder.pad       |         Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring  |
| Phone: nat-5251-10-3525                 |         D-4790 Paderborn    |
| AMPR:  DL5YEC @ DB0BQ     73 es 55      |         Fed.Rep. of Germany |