[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] RAM disk software

tankus@hsi.hsi.com (Ed Tankus) (10/18/90)

I'm still looking for a solid, generic RAM disk utility program.  The software
at Simtel20 did not suit my needs.  Here's the system the software must run
on.

	Intel 386sx 16Mhz with 8Meg on the motherboard.
	AMI BIOS
	DOS 3.3
	Ontrack Disk Manager
	100Mb Quantum HD
	Paradise 1024 VGA
	Hyperdisk or Quickcache Shareware Disk Cache

Pointers to commercial products would also be appreciated.  Email replys are
OK.
--
Ed Tankus.   {uunet,yale}!hsi!tankus -- OR -- tankus@hsi.com
Snail:       3M Health Information Systems

scott@kong.gatech.edu (Scott Coulter) (10/18/90)

In article <1427@hsi.hsi.com> tankus@hsi.hsi.com (Ed Tankus) writes:
>I'm still looking for a solid, generic RAM disk utility program.  The software
>at Simtel20 did not suit my needs.  Here's the system the software must run
>on.
>
> [machine details deleted]

Ed,
  There are several RAM disk utilities on Simtel.  Have you tried them all?
If so, in what way did you find them lacking?  Unless you tell us what was
wrong with those, we won't be able to give you any useful advice...

Scott D. Coulter				uucp: ...!gatech!ics!scott
Software Engineering Research Center		InterNet: scott@ics.gatech.edu
Georgia Institute of Technology
"Everybody's talking to computers, they're all dancing to a drum machine..."