[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Anti-virus uploads to SIMTEL20

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/11/90)

I have uploaded the following anti-virus programs to SIMTEL20:

pd1:<msdos.trojan-pro>
CLEANP67.ZIP    Universal virus disinfector, heals/removes
NETSCN67.ZIP    Network compatible - scan for 143 viruses, v67
SCANV67.ZIP     VirusScan, scans disk files for 144 viruses
VALIDATE.CRC    From McAfee BBS; CRC validation list of pgms
VSHLD67.ZIP     Resident virus infection prevention program
VSUM9010.ZIP    Pat Hoffman's virus info summary list, 901005

Keith
- - -
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.mil  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

rnews@qut.edu.au (10/19/90)

In article <KPETERSEN.12628844418.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>, w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
> I have uploaded the following anti-virus programs to SIMTEL20:
>
> pd1:<msdos.trojan-pro>
> CLEANP67.ZIP    Universal virus disinfector, heals/removes
> NETSCN67.ZIP    Network compatible - scan for 143 viruses, v67
> SCANV67.ZIP     VirusScan, scans disk files for 144 viruses
> VALIDATE.CRC    From McAfee BBS; CRC validation list of pgms
> VSHLD67.ZIP     Resident virus infection prevention program
> VSUM9010.ZIP    Pat Hoffman's virus info summary list, 901005
>
> Keith
> - - -
> Keith Petersen
> Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]
> Internet: w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.Army.Mil, w8sdz@brl.mil  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
> Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!wsmr-simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz

Just a quick question - does anyone know if McAfee is going to bring out
                        version 67 of VCOPY. ?

Thanks in advance,
                  Emlyn.

rnews@qut.edu.au (10/24/90)

> Just a quick question - does anyone know if McAfee is going bring out
>                         version 67 of VCOPY. ?

Yes... they put it out on 10/8/90. Also, SCAN is on version 67-C, and
VSHIELD is on version 67-B (both are bug fixes).