[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] wineyes not working for me

s873561@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Michael Barnett) (10/24/90)

Has anybody managed to get the program 'wineyes' for windows to work?
The copy I have just reports that it can't find the file, or something
similar.  Strange.

--
          Michael Barnett s873561@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
                 RMIT/VUT, Melbourne, Australia
          Michael Barnett s873561@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au
                 RMIT/VUT, Melbourne, Australia
   "The opinions expressed here belong to whoever wants them" :-)

mjf@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Michael J Flory) (10/27/90)

For what it's worth, I got Wineyes to work right from the start and it's
really cute -- if you enlarge the window the eyes get REALLY BIG!  It
needs no file other than the .exe, so I wonder if your problem isn't in the
"properties" of your Windows icon.  You might select the icon and look at
the properties via the File menu in the program manager.  Good luck!
------------------------ Michael Flory (mjf@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu

iam@waikato.ac.nz (Ian McDonald) (10/29/90)

> Has anybody managed to get the program 'wineyes' for windows to work?
> The copy I have just reports that it can't find the file, or something
> similar.  Strange.

I have a windows error box pop up and it says 'I only have two eyes'!!
Ian McDonald |
1 June Place |
Hamilton     |   This space free for advertising !!
New Zealand  |
+64-7-567714 |

v119l94u@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Dennis G Crawford) (10/29/90)

In article <2100.272c0c04@waikato.ac.nz>, iam@waikato.ac.nz (Ian McDonald) writes...
>> Has anybody managed to get the program 'wineyes' for windows to work?
>> The copy I have just reports that it can't find the file, or something
>> similar.  Strange.
>
>I have a windows error box pop up and it says 'I only have two eyes'!!
>--

	It seems to work FLAWLESSLY for me, at least.... I don't know about
your copy.. but, if you want. I could send it to you, or allow
you to FTP it from my account...

)_Dennis_(

P.S. if anyone wants to trade MS Win3 applications.. let me know.
----
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
:.:  V119L94U@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU     (128.205.2.2)      V119L94U@UBVMS  :.:
:.:  UUNET!UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU!V119L94U@UUNET.UU.NET     DGCRAWF@UMASS  :.:
:.:  CRAWFORD@SUN.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU          DGCRAWFO@SUNRISE.ACS.SYR.EDU  :.:
:.:  --Dennis G. Crawford                        University at Buffalo    :.:
:::::::::...There's nothing here but the same old song and dance...::::::::::

furlong@tdoc15.mdcbbs.com (Carey M. Furlong, MDC-SI BBS Gateway) (10/29/90)

In article <6089@minyos.xx.rmit.oz>, s873561@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Michael Barnett) writes:
> Has anybody managed to get the program 'wineyes' for windows to work?
> The copy I have just reports that it can't find the file, or something
> similar.  Strange.

	WinEyes worked fine for me running on a 386 in Enhanced mode.
	But, on a PC/AT running in REAL mode, the same program gave
	the message CANNOT FIND APPLICATION FILE. Is this program not
	suppossed to be able to run in REAL mode?

                          "Standing on the moon, filled with thoughts of home,
                           Earth so slowly turning."
                           ------------------------------- Space Hymn -------

       ---- Carey ----
    Carey Furlong, Huntington Beach, CA; Compu$erve 70531,2753;
    uunet!tdocm.mdcbbs.com!furlong; furlong@tdocm.mdcbbs.com

rgc@raybed2.msd.ray.com (RICK CARLE) (10/30/90)

In article <6089@minyos.xx.rmit.oz>, s873561@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Michael Barnett) writes:
> Has anybody managed to get the program 'wineyes' for windows to work?
> The copy I have just reports that it can't find the file, or something...

Same here.  "Cannot find application file."  I'm running windows 3.0 in
standard mode on a PC/AT clone (with plenty of memory).  I checked
wineyes' properties and its path is OK.

	Rick Carle