[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Adventure

peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter K. Wu) (01/14/90)

Anyone have the source for this?

Pedro Quien?

mbeck@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (Mark Becker) (01/15/90)

In article <CMM.0.88.632305408.peter@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter K. Wu) writes:
>Anyone have the source for this?
>
>Pedro Quien?

Check the WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL archives:

	PD2:<CPMUG>CPMUG053.ARK		C source for old original
					Adventure (BDS-C dialect)

	PD2:<CPMUG>CPMUG056.ARK		Original Adventure in FORTRAN.

Files with the ARK extension are ARC files and can be processed by
PKUNPAK or other ARC-file manipulation programs.

I seem to recall seeing the original expanded/extended Adventure
sources in the CP/M archives somewhere.

In looking at the ADV.ARC (whose whereabouts were recently posted to
this group), an inspection of the binary reveals lots and lots of
FORTRAN FORMAT statements embedded within.

Regards,
Mark
+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------+
| Mark Becker					| .signature under	|
| Internet: mbeck@ai.mit.edu			|	construction	|
| USENET:   {backbone}!mbmm!mbeck		|			|
+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------+

rodney@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM (Rodney Hamilton) (01/16/90)

In article <CMM.0.88.632305408.peter@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter K. Wu) writes:
>Anyone have the source for this?

If you mean the original COLOSSAL CAVE Adventure, you can find C source on
disk #259 of PC-SIG.  It was converted from FORTRAN to BDS C several years
ago.  It is easily converted to Sys.V or the C dialect of your choice...
The display is formatted for the original 72-column teletype. :-) :-)
For non-compiler users, the .EXE file is included also.

Check with local PC Users Groups or computer clubs to obtain the PC-SIG disk.

--
Rodney V. Hamilton    Systems Engineering    NCR E&M-Orlando    Lake Mary, FL
DOMAIN: rodney@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM     UUCP: ...!ncrlnk!ncrorl!rodney

boyne@hplvli.HP.COM (Art Boyne) (01/17/90)

peter@CUNIXF.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Peter K. Wu) asks:
>Anyone have the source for (Adventure)?

I do have the original FORTRAN source for the original version of this
game (circa 1977), if you are interested.

Art Boyne, boyne@hplvla.hp.com

magnus%thep.lu.se@Urd.lth.se (Magnus Olsson) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct31.142756.1650@santra.uucp> jjj@niksula.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) writes:

>PS. I am still looking for a copy of ADVENTURE which would work under
>MSDOS?!

I've made the 551 point version available by anonymous ftp from
leif.thep.lu.se [130.235.92.55]. The filename is pub/adv551.zoo.

Please note that this machine is *not* a PD archive site; in fact,
adv551 is the only PC program there is.

Magnus Olsson                   | \e+      /_
Dept. of Theoretical Physics    |  \  Z   / q
University of Lund, Sweden      |   >----<
Internet: magnus@thep.lu.se     |  /      \===== g
Bitnet: THEPMO@SELDC52          | /e-      \q