[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] BatchFTP v1.02 for BSD Unix now available from SIMTEL20

w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/31/90)

The following program is being announced here because it will assist
users who have access to SIMTEL20 from BSD Unix hosts on the Internet.

Now available via anonymous FTP from SIMTEL20:

Directory pd3:<misc.unix>
BATCHFTP102.TAR-Z

BatchFTP (v1.02) is a very useful BSD Unix program to automate
connections to anonymous ftp sites.  The program can be run as
a background process while the user does other work or logs out.

Rename the file to batchftp.tar.Z, uncompress, and extract with tar.
See the doc file for directions on how to compile and use the program.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's MSDOS, MISC & CP/M archives [IP address 26.2.0.74]

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (10/31/90)

In article <KPETERSEN.12633998502.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> w8sdz@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen) writes:
>The following program is being announced here because it will assist
>users who have access to SIMTEL20 from BSD Unix hosts on the Internet.
>
>Now available via anonymous FTP from SIMTEL20:
>
>Directory pd3:<misc.unix>
>BATCHFTP102.TAR-Z
>
>BatchFTP (v1.02) is a very useful BSD Unix program to automate
>connections to anonymous ftp sites.  The program can be run as
>a background process while the user does other work or logs out.

Highly recommended, also by uwasa.fi archives, over "manual ftp" to
save connection time (and your nerves in times of unavailable
connections).  At uwasa.fi available as /unix/ts/batchftp102.tar.Z.
(I usually don't duplicate Simtel20 information to save bandwidth,
but here I make an exception.)

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

david@WUBIOS.WUSTL.EDU (David J. Camp) (11/04/90)

>Rename the file to batchftp.tar.Z, uncompress, and extract with tar.
>See the doc file for directions on how to compile and use the program.

Keith,  Thanks for the announcement, but I want to point out that
renaming the file is unnecessary.  The following command will
extract the contents of the file:

    uncompress < BATCHFTP102.TAR-Z | tar xvf -

-David-

david@wubios.wustl.edu             ^     Mr. David J. Camp
david%wubios@wugate.wustl.edu    < * >   +1 314 382 0584
...!uunet!wugate!wubios!david      v     "God loves material things."