[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Looking for a _GOOD_ host system for my two pc's

v090nqly@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu (Maria C Cano) (11/09/90)

Here is the basic senario,
I have a computer wich I use at work
It's one those speedy 1024k based systems. Anyway
I'm looking for a good Hosting program to connect the one at work and the one
at home
 I picked up a copoy of Procomm to see if it would do the trick but I seem to
have run into a glich in the dos shell function. It wo;t go shell. Which really
defeats my purpose in using the program. So any suggestions as to
what program I could use as a host server preferbly one I can login into
from a remote site without anyone havcing to be on the other side.
It also should (actually must) have a way for me to go to the dos level.
I was thinking a plain term emulator but  I'm open for suggestion
Email me any suggestions.
Thanks
            Negus of Nothingz

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/10/90)

In article <45187@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v090nqly@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu writes:

>Here is the basic senario,
>I have a computer wich I use at work
>It's one those speedy 1024k based systems. Anyway
>I'm looking for a good Hosting program to connect the one at work and the one
>at home
... rest deleted ...

If you are looking for a shareware rather than a fully commercial
program for remote control of a pc, take a look at /pc/pd2/tr2-8.zip
by Doug Thomson.  Available by anonymous ftp or mail server from
uwasa.fi, Vaasa, Finland, or an ftp site near you.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)