[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Wanted: Good Calendar program--Not TSR

ccastdf@prism.gatech.EDU (Dave) (11/09/90)

	I need a good calendar program to help me keep up with my classes and
assignments.  I would prefer one with alarms (monthly, weekly, daily, etc)
but it can not be memory resident.  (I will put the call to it in my
autoexec.bat)
	I know something like this must be out there.  I have tried several
really good ones, but they were all too good (Executive Assistant, Moe, etc)
I need it to be highly functional, and preferably not business related...

Please post or mail me with suggestions or offers...

Dave
--
David Frascone
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccastdf

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (11/09/90)

AN-101.ZIP   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Advance Notice v1.01 - early
                                    warning of events
AN131.ZIP    PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Ample Notice appointment/calendar/alarm
                                    v1.31
DO210.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Desk Organizer tickler/reminder/phone
                                    system
EZTICK11.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> 'EZ Tickle', a things to do program
FLSHBK23.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> FlashBack v2.3: An appointment alert utility
NEUBASE2.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Neubase v2.0, daily
                                    appointments/diary/journal
PCYEAR.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Annual appointment calendar
QMR200.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Non-resident reminder/to-do prodder
REMIND.ASM   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Tickle file/reminder
REMIND1.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Remind yourself of those important dates
REMIND49.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Event remind,time organizer,perpetual
                                    calendar
REMINDER.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Program set for maintaining a reminders file
REMINDSW.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Reminds you of things you may forget
SCHED14D.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Daily schedule & notepad pgm - shareware
                                    DEMO
STUFF17.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Stuff To Do tickler/scheduler
STUFF2DO.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> TO DO list manager. Updates TODO1.4
TICKLX50.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> TICKLEX, Tickler/Scheduler/Calendar/To-do
                                    list
TIKLER.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Easy to use event reminder for autoexec.bat
TODO31.ARC   PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> TO DO list maker version 3.1
YRCAL17T.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.DESKACCESS> Year calendars/monthly/weekly/daily
                                    schedules

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

If anyone could send me names and addresses of other mirror images of simtel20,
I'll include them in my generic response above.  Thanks.
--
     Mike Castle       | Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly and be
        Nexus          | right all the time, or not work at all and be right

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/10/90)

In article <16747@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastdf@prism.gatech.EDU (Dave) writes:
>	I need a good calendar program to help me keep up with my classes and
>assignments.  I would prefer one with alarms (monthly, weekly, daily, etc)
>but it can not be memory resident.  (I will put the call to it in my
>autoexec.bat)
>	I know something like this must be out there.  I have tried several
>really good ones, but they were all too good (Executive Assistant, Moe, etc)
>I need it to be highly functional, and preferably not business related...
... rest deleted ...

Take a look at e.g.
  /pc/pd2/an131.zip
  /pc/util/rem21.zip
Available by anonymous ftp or mail server from uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, or an ftp site near you.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (11/10/90)

ccastdf@prism.gatech.EDU (Dave) writes:
>I need a good calendar program to help me keep up with my classes and
>assignments.  I would prefer one with alarms (monthly, weekly, daily, etc)
>but it can not be memory resident.  (I will put the call to it in my
>autoexec.bat)

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

Directory pd1:<msdos.deskaccess>
REM21.ZIP       REMIND v2.1 - A sophisticated reminder service

This file is also available from Detroit Download Central.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)