[comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d] Menu exec

JDB107@psuvm.psu.edu (John Buckwalter) (11/01/90)

Does anyone have an exec for IBM which is simply a shell to execute programs
on a hard drive at the touch of a key?
Buck

derek@sun4dts.dts.ine.philips.nl (derek) (11/14/90)

JDB107@psuvm.psu.edu (John Buckwalter) writes:

>Does anyone have an exec for IBM which is simply a shell to execute programs
>on a hard drive at the touch of a key?
>Buck

Funny you should ask that, I'm working on just such a program right now.
I have a small bug to iron out relating to "colours" on a monochrome
screen, and I have to make some decisions about how to chain. I cann't
get any keyboard buffer extenders to work on my system, so I have to
work out a strategy to either write a batch file, and push keystrokes
into the limited buffer, to overlay the current process (doesn't then
allow the chained process to shell) or to use 4dos's keystack driver,
which is not standard.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas, I'd love to hear from you. Meanwhile,
I'll make something that works (perhaps the batch file) and I hope to
post it to c.b.i.p & SIMTEL20 this month.

Best Regards, Derek Carr
DEREK@DTS.INE.PHILIPS.NL           Philips I&E TQV-5 Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Standard Disclaimers apply.